AnyBetter

AnyBetter

Main
    About Me
    Full NameBinious Bos Fathomose Trincarturnina Paroth Le Mure doh Masqueradi Dolenthia Un Livitium, Jr.
    AgeOld Soul
    BirthplaceChicago
    PositionAspiring Utility Assistant To The Supervising Coordinator of Grounds Crew Tarp Waxer.
    First MLB Game1975. Cubs vs. Reds. I was one, and somehow ended up with a Pete Rose autograph.
    Favorite MLB ClubCUBS!
    Favorites
    My Favorites
    Current PlayerDoes Pat Hughes count?
    All-Time PlayerErnie Banks Appreciation Everyday!
    All-Time Team84'
    Ballpark1060 W. Addison
    Ballpark FoodDog and a Beer squared
    Seat in the BallparkFor a World Series...? The Left Field Foul Pole--Ouch! Sorry Ernie.
    Baseball MomentI just heard the replay of the Kerry Wood 20 strike out game, recently aired on WGN Radio. They mixed the calls of the game with some light Field of Dreams music playing gently in the background, then cut away like a commercial to a Kerry Wood interview discussing his personal life, then cut to fans and people who were associated with the game sharing their impressions, then cut back to Pat and Ron in the booth, calling every single out of the game with that banter I know and love so well. I have to say, I got a little choked up. It hit a spot. Ron Santo said in reply to something Pat said, "if this kid keeps pitching like this, we might BE in a World Series." Well here we are, only now with Woody closin' em' out and racking up crucial saves toward Cub Nation glory. By the way, the clip they play of Ron Santo on WGN Radio screaming out, "this IS the year!" is brilliant. I can get chills on 90 degree days when I hear it. Back to the game- Kerry Wood only gave up ONE hit that day and NO walks! He DID hit Biggio with a pitch, but Biggio was crowding the plate. The guy was Hit By Pitch magnet. Brant Brown was batting leadoff that day and Kevin Orie was tending third until Aramis Ramirez, the second greatest Third Basemen in Cubs history came along. Did you think I was going to say, "Ron Cey was the second greatest?!" Although I did love the 84'/85' team especially, Aramis Ramirez is an elite player in the game today. In the box score that day, the only Astro hit looked like this: Gutierrez- Single to SS (Ground Ball to Deep SS-3B Hole) I've heard that Kevin Orie might have, or could have, made a better play on the ball. Tough to say, but that's the way the game goes sometimes. That's just ONE great moment in Cubs history of many, this side of parading a World Series Trophy through the streets and parks of Chicago.
    Best Baseball MemoryI hate the Cardinals, Mets, Steve Garvey, Will Clark, Josh Beckett, Black Cats, and the Billy Goat. If I see that goat it's likely to get the business end of a boot in the rear. It's ducking me and it's a coward. I dislike Barry Bonds and Tony LaRussa. I love to hate Lance Berkman and Albert Pujols.
    Personal
    More about me
    GenderMale
    Marital StatusMarried like a trucker spouse to the love/hate relationship with the Cubs Message Board since 2002-03
    HometownChicago
    Dream Baseball Position to playA full year of WGN T.V. Broadcasting
    personalQuoteI Can't Help When My Happy Looks Insane!