• Welcome Guest
Minnesota Twins

Welcome to the Minnesota Twins.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Twins 2011 draft signings
  • To:All
  • 7/29/11
  • righty8383

A couple days old...The Twins signed 3rd round pick Corey Williams. They gave him a $575K signing bonus, which is more than double the recommended offer for the 117th pick.

Williams' numbers didn't stand out for Vanderbuilt. I beleive he had an early season injury which limited his innings. But he did pitch well down the stretch and helped them get to the CWS. Plus he is a lefty who can throw 94mph.

He was assigned to E-town.

Now we just need to get our top 3 picks signed and I'll be very happy. The deadline is less than 3 weeks away.

Edited 7/29/11   by  righty8383
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/13/11
  • righty8383

Only a couple days left and the Twins have yet to sign any of thier top 3 picks. In all honesty I wouldn't even be that upset if they didn't sign Michael. I know they will though. Both Harrison and Boyd were known to be tough signings. Seth Stohs heard that if the Twins offered $1 million to Boyd he would take it. Harrison has a full ride to USC so thats a great bargaining chip. With his potential its certain he would've been drafted higher if not for signability issues.

The expected bonus for a 50th pick is around $800,000. The Twins may have to offer Harrison more than $1.5 million. I think they just may do it. These will all likely go down to the wire. I will be very upset if they don't get at least one of these Comp picks locked up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • righty8383

Twins signed thier 16 round pick out of Centennial High School Austin Malinowski. This from Seth Stohs.

<<<Late last night, the Twins came to terms with their 16th round pick, Austin Malinowski. It was a surprise to me because he had told me late last week that he figured he was heading to the University of Arizona. Malinowski, a LHP from Centennial High School in Circle Pines, Minnesota, was the 2011 Mr. Baseball in Minnesota. This summer, he played for the Lino Lakes Centennial American Legion team that was the runner up in the American Legion state tournament. Malinowski was named the tournament’s Outstanding Player.>>>

Deadline for the top 3 is tonight.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • twibnotes
Well, they just saved a little over a million that they can use.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • righty8383

This from LEN3 gives some hope...

<<<The Twins will announce draft signings tonight. They are making progress with their top three picks - shortstop Levi Michael, third baseman Travis Harrison and righthander Hudson Boyd.

Twins GM Bill Smith, during a conference call to announce the trade, said, ``we're confident that we will sign all three of them.''

That means the Twins are definitely going over slot to pay Harrison and Boyd and keep them from going to USC and Florida, respectively>>>

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15
Good to hear.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • berlin88

Bill Smith foolishly traded Delmon Young away today, so we had better sign Harrison, as he could potentially be a future replacement for Young's bat. Getting rid of Young saved them a little money, so they have no excuses for not signing these draft picks.

Delmon Young was one of my favorite Twins players, so I am very angry at Bill Smith for trading him.

Edited 8/15/11   by  berlin88
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15
Delmon was not one of my favorites but i liked him, and thought him to be better than what he showed. Quite honestly he was jerked around when it came to playing time too much.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15
Saw on Twitter that the Twins were able to sign supplemental first rounder Hudson Boyd for 1 mil (which is about 400k above slot)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • heatbeat
That is fantastic news.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • heatbeat
If its true...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15
its on twitter from a news source/lavelle retweeted. i think its legit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • heatbeat
Could it be too legit?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15

Jim Callis from baseball america

TOO LEGIT, TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • autosave15
Hahaha.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/15/11
  • righty8383
Seth Stohs said he would sign for a cool million if offered. This is great assuming its true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/16/11
  • righty8383

John Heyman from SI tweeted 35 minutes ago Travis Harrison was gonna sign for $1.05 million.

The deadline has past so we should get official word soon.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/16/11
  • autosave15
Seth Stohs reporting we signed 14 of our first 15 picks, with the 8th pick being the only one that didnt sign... Levi Michael 1.175 mil, travis harrison also signed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/16/11
  • righty8383
Great day for the Twins. I am very excited about our top 3 picks. This could be our best draft in years. Time will tell of course.
  • Reply to this Message