• Welcome Guest
Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to the Philadelphia Phillies.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Verizon FIOS and Comcast Sports Net Philly
  • To:All
  • 3/4/08
  • 40ozAllen

A few months ago there was discussion here regarding FIOS television providing CSN out of Philly. I just ordered the FIOS bundle with internet and phone service. Verizon soon will be providing TV to my area and I still find it hard to believe that FIOS actually would have CSN Philly on its channel lineup. If they do, I would most likely drop Comcast and pickup the FIOS TV instead.

So why would Comcast ever permit Verizon to have CSN Philly included in their TV package? Honestly, that’s the only reason I still have Comcast cable.

Is there anyone out there that has FIOS TV and gets CSN Philly on it? I need this 100 percent verified, because it just seems too hard to believe.

How much is the FIOS package when all three services are bundled together?

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • matthewcb
I don't know about verizon, but I know other cable providers carry CSN. It's not an exclusive channel to their service.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • Puddy

I called and got pricing info, it's around $109-119 a month cant remember the exact figure. And it does has CSN Philadelphia. That's for the wireless internet, FIOS on all tv's, DVR on all, and phone.

Haven't ordered it yet, just haven't gotten around to it. I think they need approx 4 hours or so to hook it all up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • thelocal9

I have Verizon FIOS and they carry CSN in both HDTV and non-HDTV variants.

However, they don't carry CN8, so you will miss seeing the few Phils games that are on CN8.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • 40ozAllen
That's a pretty good deal! I think the prices just went up this month for everything, so beware if you delay ordering. It's nice to see they have CSNP
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • 40ozAllen
Forgot about that one... that's good to know. I just took a quick glance at the sched and I only saw one game on CN8 , June 10th against the Mets. I'm sure there is more...AND the Flyers and Sixers Playoffs could cause more games to be on CN8, too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • Junior94

It's pretty simple why - Verizon knows that Comcast has the sports and Comcast will sell this content to Verizon for MONEY.

I'm the one who mentioned this, and the best deal is a bundle. You need to look for specials, if you're interested in phone, you could get a triple play - phone, tv and internet - all bundled together. when we signed up, it was a door to door guy and we had different package prices depending on what you took. I had wanted to do just tv and internet, but my wife signed up for the whole package. There are different combinations to check out. Check the FIOS website, they'll give you some indication of pricing, but you can also call Verizon to ask if they have any specials - last month, they were giving away small LCD tv's to sign up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • phillies6phan26

I just got FIOS not too long ago and I get CSN.. I don't get CN8 however, but only about 5 games are broadcatsed on CN8 all year.

And I have no idea how much it is.. (I'm only 16, I don't pay the bills yet! lol)

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/4/08
  • thetuner
Trenton here and YES I have FIOS, love it and YES I DO get CSN Philly as well as a few other sports channels. In fact a good friend has Optimum cable and I get games he does not.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • karlo
yes I have verizon FIOS. it is great and much better than cimcast. It does have CSN.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • 40ozAllen
Right now my area only has the Phone and internet bundled, the TV service will be offered later this year. Since I'm in the CSNP area I think it's safe to say that I will have CSNP offered as well with Verizon. As long as I'm saving money I'll sign up for sure.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • weissoak
I too am thinking about going with Verizon but I was wondering if they have "The Baseball Package" like Comcast. Anyone know?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • targus

Bottom line first. Yes CSN & CSN HD is on FIOs. ( CN8 is not on FIOs and about 5 game are not seen).

Back ground, Since I had FIOS Phone and internet about 18 months before TV was offered, I was one of the original customer pool that was tested for FIOS TV, Bottom line was that Verizon realized very quickly that they would never get the market shares needed to make FIOS profitable if they did not get Phillies baseball on TV FIOS. One of the reasons that delayed the lighting up ( turn on) TV FIOS was finalizing the Phillies baseball deal with Comcast. I would love to know who's soul was sold to the devil to make that deal work.

BTY, I have FIOS bundled - Phone, wireless, TV & TVHD and Internet (15/2).

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • 40ozAllen

Great information. Thanks. CN8 is not a big deal, however if by some miracle the Sixers and Flyers start making deep playoff runs in the next few years, not having CN8 would be a problem since they usually bump the Phillies games over to that channel.

Yes it's hard to believe Comcast cut a deal. No doubt it's more than enough to make up for the subscribers they'll lose.

Just curious what your zipcode is, so I can go on the Verizon site to see what a bundle with TV looks like?

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • targus

Also check out> ht tp://www.dslreports.com/ find forums and look look up verizon or whatever. there is a ton of information on FIOS and Comcast and other services and carriers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • 40ozAllen
Thanks again!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/08
  • Junior94
  • Reply to this Message