• Welcome Guest
Major League Baseball

Welcome to the Major League Baseball.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Most Popular gloves among MLB players.
  • To:All
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger

Lately I have been looking at MLB players and seeing what kind of gloves they use. I have seen all different players using different manufactures, but 2 companies really stood out.

I have noticed a lot of different kinds of gloves but four in particular. Wilson has the A2K and A2000. Rawlings has Heart of the Hide and Pro-Preferred.

Some players that use Wilson A2K include Hanley Ramirez, David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Rick Porcello and Evan Longoria. Some players that use Wilson A2000 include Javier Vazquez, Miguel Cabrera, Placido Polanco, Orlando Hudson, Ryan Braun, Vladimir Guerrero and Justin Morneau.

Rawlings has two main glove lines as well. Rawlings Heart of the Hide is one. Some of the players that use Rawlings Heart of the Hide include Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard, Jake Peavy, Dan Haren, Tim Lincecum, Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Young, Kevin Youkillis, Johan Santana, Alex Rodriguez, Joe Mauer, Cliff Lee, Derek Jeter, Carl Crawford, Chris Carpender, Jason Bay and Troy Tulowitzki.

Rawlings Pro-Preferred is also a top line. Justin Verlander, Brandon Webb, Chase Utley, Mark Teixeria, Adrian Gonzalez, Grady Sizemore, Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Raul Ibanez, Torii Hunter and Aaron Hill all use Rawlings Pro-Preferred.

As you can see many All-Star cailber players use these two companies and these four glove lines are the most popular among MLB players today.

What's your favorite glove?

Edited 12/29/09   by  DTigger
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • HoneyBadger58

I have an Akedema catcher's mitt on order. I checked out the website and they seem like the up-and-coming company, a small company that produces high quality mitts and gloves with excellent prices. I will fill you in more when I get it. I believe Manny and Dave Murphy of Texas use it. Gary Carter and Bob Feller are the Hall of Fame endorsers. I had a pro-quality Mizuno Catcher's mitt for the last 20 years and I loved it.

The big names like Rawlings and Wilson are overpriced because of the name, but they are quality gloves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • pzero
I always preferred the Rawlings Heart of the Hide series. I have 2 heart of the hide series, 1 pro preferred infield glove, and a wilson A2000 outfield glove. The pro preferred was the hardest to break in and the Wilson was to flimsy after breaking it in. I also use to have a SSK glove, the one Nomar used as a shortstop, that was a great glove.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • PlayToWin
I have a Rawlings Renegade catchers' mitt and a Addidas glove for when I play 3rd or CF, which is a CL1250 model.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger

Yeah I just got a Wilson A800 1786 11.5 inch for $80. It is very similar to a A2000 1786 and a A2K 1786 but at a more modest price. A2000 and A2K price anywhere from $200-300 dollars...

It is explained on the website below...

www.weplaysports.com/Wilson/A800/

• Reply to this Message
Message 98587.6 was deleted
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger
O I would'nt my Grandman and Grandpa would...
And you can't even find gloves that are $25 dollars or less, unless you get baseball equipment at Target, Meijer and Wal-Mart...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 98587.8 was deleted
  • 12/29/09
  • RandysGirl36

I got two different colored Easton Black Magic ETX 125B for my 16th birthday a while back.

Other gloves in my house include:

Mom's old Winfield Diamond Pro Custom Built FW-1000

Dad's old Wilson "The A2000"-XLC (This is a sweeeet glove)

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/29/09
  • Opisgod
Got myself a Black Easton Lefty last year to compliment my local brand righty. When i get the cash, I plan on custom ordering one of them Venditte gloves.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • RandysGirl36
Isn't Easton great! I asked for Easton because Aramis Ramirez uses it. I wanted to be just like him!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • Roxx5

Isn't Easton great!

Indeed

I also like Wilson.

• Reply to this Message
Message 98587.13 was deleted
  • 12/29/09
  • Roxx5

"You don't choose the glove, the glove chooses you."

Inspiring.

• Reply to this Message
Message 98587.16 was deleted
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger
I just got a Wilson A800 1786 11.5 inch baseball glove for Christmas...
Very similar to the A2K and A2000 but at a more modest price and a easier break in...
This is it:
www.weplaysports.com/Wilson/A800/
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger
Why do you have so many gloves?
And Rawlings Heart of the Hide gloves cost at least $200 bucks!...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • pzero

"Why do you have so many gloves? "

I had one for CF, one for SS, and one for 2nd. The other one was for the h*ll of it.

"And Rawlings Heart of the Hide gloves cost at least $200 bucks!... "

Well worth it in my opinion. I paid $300 for my pro preferred and I don't really like it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/09
  • DTigger
Do you play H.S Baseball???
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
OT: Cigars, Golf and Beer
Latest by KingKidd - 5:24 PM
2014 Game Day Thread
Latest by KingintheNorth - 5:22 PM
OT: Random Thoughts
Latest by Monsterdance - 5:07 PM