• Welcome Guest
Major League Baseball

Welcome to the Major League Baseball.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• MLB Network
  • To:All
  • 10/6/08
  • bronxfan26

As everyone knows by now that MLB will be launching its network on january 1,2009 and it is supposed to be in 50 million homes making it the biggest launch for a channel in television history. and they are going to broadcast 26 mlb games next year,and have 24/7 baseball coverage,do you guys think they will show milb games sometimes,or talk about the games and the prospects ?

what do you guys think about the channel ? post opinions i think its going to be awesome,i cant wait till the channel debuts im going to be watching it a lot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/18/08
  • nebo86

I think this channel is going to be great. No offenese to other league run sports networks, but MLB Network has the most variety of topics to produce shows for.

Historical shows:
Replay Classic Games
Biography: Hall of Famers
19 Century baseball
Stories about famous baseball places (i.e. Wrigley Field)
Negro Leagues
Defunct Team histories

Variety Shows:
Fantasy Baseball & Gaming
Baseball Trivia shows
SABRmetricians stats show
Arts & Literatures on baseball
Baseball Card & Memorabilia show
International Baseball Show
Coaching & Fundamentals
A new Baseball Bunch show featuring Cal Ripken or Tony Gwynn.

Games:
MLB
Minor Leagues
NCAA
Foreign Leagues
Winter Leagues
Youth Leagues
Women's Leagues

I think there are plenty of possibilities for this network.

Edited 10/18/08   by  nebo86
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/18/08
  • phillies6phan26

I love the idea. Something baseball every day, every second, year round. I'm sure they will show some old game, newer games as well as other games, and baseball specials.

Does anybody know if it will be on Verizon Fios? Or is it just Comcast Cable/ Direct TV/ Other?

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/18/08
  • iamanoldguy
That's what I was wondering. I have Dish TV. Will it be offered there or is it a pkg. you have to buy ?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/18/08
  • iamanoldguy

Here's more :

h.ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baseball_Channel

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/18/08
  • TheKFNY28
I honestly can't wait..
  • Reply to this Message