• Welcome Guest
Atlanta Braves

Welcome to the Atlanta Braves.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Braves are like Costco...
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • wavybravy

...They offer high-quality products, in large quantities, at an affordable cost. I was stunned when I discovered Shane Victorino would be making more money than Justin Upton the next three seasons.

2013 is definitely the season of the battle of team-building methods: big money (Dodgers) vs. player development (Braves). Whatever you think of this trade, the Braves built themselves quite the line-up and barely touched the wallet.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • TheNightManCometh
No seriously, 10 years from now, after everything runs it course....we will all realize that Frank Wren was one of the shrewdest GMs ever.

His FA history is definitely checkered, but he's hit homeruns on nearly every single trade he's made since becoming GM.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • wavybravy
I don't think his record on FAs is that horrible, either. He made signings that were appropriate for the ballclub we had AT THE TIME. He always stayed within our means (his "shopping at Wal-mart" mantra) and, most importantly, he always seemed to understand exactly what we were getting. At the end of the day, that is all you can expect out of your GM - that he knows what he's doing, even if the results don't blow you away.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • BraveKing
I have been president of the Wren fan club from day one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • TheNightManCometh
I said it was checkered not horrible. I have defended the signing of Lowe and I have defended the extension for Uggla in the past. The signings of KK, GA, and Glaus on the other hand are head scratchers and still remain so.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • TheNightManCometh

Checking out Wren's wikipedia page and I stumbled upon something that simply cannot be true.

Apparently, Wren's educational peak ended at Community College. That's interesting.

• Reply to this Message