Atlanta Braves

Welcome to the Atlanta Braves.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• All Time Braves One-Liners, Slogans, and Chants
  • To:All
  • 3/5/09
  • adummm

Hey what's up??

I am trying to compile a list of the most well known Braves quotes, slogans, chants, one-liners, anything! And I need your guy's help.

I'm looking for anything from...

distinctive announcer one-liners, sayings, and calls
chants at the stadium
nicknames
player quotes

Basically anything unique to the Braves. Thanks a lot for your help! :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/6/09
  • Uptonogood

Announcer Quotes:

"A lotta room in right-center, if he hits one there we can dance in the streets. The 2-1. Swung, line drive left field! One run is in! Here comes Bream! Here's the throw to the plate! He is...safe! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win!...Braves win! They may have to hospitalize Sid Bream; he's down at the bottom of a huge pile at the plate. They help him to his feet. Frank Cabrera got the game winner! The Atlanta Braves are National League champions again! This crowd is going berserk, listen!" - Skip Caray (October 1992 - Game 7 NLCS)

"Mark gets the sign, the wind and the pitch here it is... swung, fly ball deep left center, Grissom on the run... Yes! Yes! Yes! The Atlanta Braves have given you a championship! Listen to this crowd! A mob scene on the field. Wohlers gets 'em one, two, three. A couple of fans rushing on the field. The Atlanta Braves have brought the first championship to Atlanta!" - Skip Caray (October 1995 - Game 6 World Series)

--------------------------------------------
Chants:

All I can really think of is the tomahawk chop.

Nicknames:

Jim "Beach" Beauchamp
Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff
"The Bravos"
"America's Team"
Player Quotes:

"If I were to look at it objectively, I'd probably favor other teams as well. But there's something about this clubhouse and this uniform. We walk out on the field and expect to win. I know other teams walk out on the field and they're hoping to win. And there's a big difference. We expect to win." - Chipper Jones

"Once again, everybody is picking someone else in our division. So we'll just kind of lay back in the weeds and take care of business." - Chipper Jones

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • JonMc123

"The bases are loaded, I wish I was."

-Skip Caray.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • levelheded
ROTFLMAO Again, just like the first time I heard it live.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • FliprJones
In 1991 afte Keith Mitchell got arrested for drunk driving someone had a sign at Atl-Fulton County Stadium that said
"We want RBI's not DUI's! " I thought that was a great slogan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • ATL3129

There is an old saying dating back to the days the Braves played in Boston.

"Spahn then Sain, then pray for rain".

It was referred to the 2 best pitchers for the Braves (Warren Spahn and Johnny Sain) who provided the Braves most of their wins during that season. Not sure exactly which season it was but it was sometime in the mid-late 40s.

My favorite Skip Caray quotes:

"There's really a full house tonight but everyone decided to show up as empty seats"

referring to the Florida Marlins' drop in attendance after the firesale following the 1997 season.

"And like lambs to the slaughter, the Braves take the field."

It reminds me of the bad days but it also reminds me of how skip made those days bearable.

There was this one quote where Chipper Jones said something to the affect of
"Now all those Met fans will have to go home and put on their Yankee stuff"

I can't find the exact quote, but it was great.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • biglou115

First we'll use Spahn
then we'll use Sain
Then an off day
followed by rain
Back will come Spahn
followed by Sain
And followed
we hope
by two days of rain.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • Tomahawk71
BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/09
  • penguinaub

"Ronnie Belliard hit one that hit off Parr and went over him. One over Parr, that would be a bogey." - Pete Van Wieren talking about an at bat between Ronnie Belliard and James Parr

Chip Carey: (fly ball hit to Brewers RF at about 8:45pm) Corey Hart, who does not wear his sunglasses at night, is under it, and catches it.

skip: troy glaus hardly ever gets thrown out of a game, cause if he argues the umpire will just say, "dont gimme any more lip, glaus"

skip: (talking about pirates catcher henry cota) "if henry ever has kids he should name them northda and southda"
chip: "i think i am going to go throw up now"

skip: what day is cinco de mayo this year???
joe: this year its may 5th
skip: may 5th, ok

skip: it would be the bomb if the gecko did the robot

skip: delgado has more doubles than i used to drink

skip: so joe, one cow was talking to another cow, and the first cow said "mooooooo" and the second cow said "thats funny, thats exactly what i was gonna say"

joe: that was kind of a baaaaaaad pitch to lamb (mike lamb of the astros)
skip: you got to be kidding

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/09
  • Jay Ayers
Does anyone know what Corey Hart's batting music is? I would guess the obvious answer but I have a feeling that he's sick of that song.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/09
  • arkansasbravesfan

Bobby Cox always has interesting nicknames for players....

seems to me if the name of the player is 2 syllables, he makes it one syllable...

and if the name was one 1 syllable , he makes it 2 .....

..make sense?...or mabye it's just me who has heard this...

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/09
  • REG10

From Worst to First!! Listen to this crowd!!! Skip Caray after the Braves take over first from the Dodgers in 91

Gotta borry this one from you dad... HOLY COW After a David Justice home run in the 9th with the Braves down 6-5 with less than ten games to go in the season 1991

• Reply to this Message