• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT: Your Political Compass
  • 3/28/12

"Why was he removed again?"

Really? Do we really need to backtrack in this same thread and point out all the reasons that were listed in the news at the time of the recall?

In your world I guess he was removed because of a right-wing conspiracy against him that tricked a ton or Democrat and independent voters into voting him out.

• Reply to this Message
Message 139936.983 was deleted
  • 3/28/12

"Republicans funded a massive misinformation campaign against Davis and successfully pursuaded independents to support the recall. "

So your belief is that Republicans lied to get him out of office? That about right? The gullible independents and idiot Democrats who joined in were tricked and Davis was outed for no real reason at all? Is that how you see it?

"Democrats do not make up a majority of the voting pool in California."

Now you're just arguing semantics. Okay, let me reword that. Democrats in California make up the 'Plurality' of voters. There are more Democrats than any other voter demographic, and while they are not 51% (Last check it was 44%) of the voter base, they are by far the largest group.

"Outnumbering republicans does not = majority."

No, but it does mean that Republicans alone cannot do anything in the state on a party-line vote. They need Democrats and independents to join in and help.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
Yea, it wasn't on your guess list. lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
I'm sure Lefty I and Lefty II both think what is happening in Wisconsin with Governor Walker is a great thing. Funny how they are both hypocrites.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
Not to change the subject but why did you like Clinton over Bush 2?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12

"I'm sure Lefty I and Lefty II both think what is happening in Wisconsin with Governor Walker is a great thing."

Not even close to the same thing with Davis and Walker. #1, that recall is being led by the state employees whose union he busted, yes?

I voted to recall 3 councilman in a city I was living in that were all Democrats because they stole from the city. I'm definitely not against recalls.

"Funny how they are both hypocrites"

Hypocrites because we don't fit into the pee sized world your brain lives in? Seriously dude, you need to socialize more. Expand your mind a little bit.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
Yeah, he needs to travel more, and maybe even get a responsible job.

[
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
Socializing has zero to do with travelling and having a decent job.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
"So your belief is that Republicans lied to get him out of office? That about right? "

Basically, yes.

"The gullible independents and idiot Democrats who joined in were tricked and Davis was outed for no real reason at all? Is that how you see it?"

Not many democrats did join in. 88% of republicans supported the recall, only 24% of democrats supported it. And it wasn't necessarily stupidity as it was lack of legitimate information. The republicans successfully blamed Davis for the recall. Voters for the most part didn't know the full story about what happened until after the recall.

"Now you're just arguing semantics."

No. You're making the false argument that Davis was thrown out of office by a democratic majority. That's simply not what happened.

"Okay, let me reword that. Democrats in California make up the 'Plurality' of voters. There are more Democrats than any other voter demographic, and while they are not 51% (Last check it was 44%) of the voter base, they are by far the largest group."

And still, the majority of democrats did not support the recall. Far from it.

"No, but it does mean that Republicans alone cannot do anything in the state on a party-line vote. They need Democrats and independents to join in and help."

In this case they only needed independents. It was a very small number of democrats who supported it.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 139936.992 was deleted
  • 3/28/12
"I'm sure Lefty I and Lefty II both think what is happening in Wisconsin with Governor Walker is a great thing. Funny how they are both hypocrites."

You really are the king of strawman arguments.

No one is saying it's wrong for democrats to be recalled but ok for republicans. Davis got recalled based on false information. The Walker recall is based on an agenda Walker promoted and enacted. In Wisconsin, voters are recalling Walker based on what he has done. In California they recalled Davis based on false information.

Of course you understand all of that and choose to ignore it anyways.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12
"I think I have finally found Gray Davis' ONLY fan and supporter. lol"

Yeah. It's just me... And 75% of California democrats.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 139936.995 was deleted
  • 3/28/12
"I was a bit too young to ever follow Davis as I was a teen during the recall. "

I was unaware of Davis's existence at the time. I was in college and didn't follow that sort of thing at the time. All my views of him come in retrospect.

" Any particular reasoning why you're such an avid supporter? I don't think i've ever heard anybody say positive things about him lol"

I'm not really. TBH I couldn't name a single Grey Davis policy. I've just read about the recall and about the California energy deregulation crisis.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12

I guess we are significantly different on at least two things:

(1) I never question the judgement of the people in an election. Politics are a historically dirty process, but I have confidence that the people can wade through that with relatively great precision

(2) I would never jump to the conclusion about another persons character simply based on what they would write in an e-mail message or message board. In fact, I try very diligently to never even do so until I have spent time with a person so I can do this with much greater acuity and precision.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12

"So your belief is that Republicans lied to get him out of office? That about right? "

Basically, yes."

: I don't think the voters are as simple-minded as you think they are.

"You're making the false argument that Davis was thrown out of office by a democratic majority."

: No, I said no such thing. You love to twist my words and use straw-man argument tactics in here.

I said that Davis was removed from office despite there being far more Democrat voters in California than Republicans. That's a simple and verifiable fact.

"only 24% of democrats supported it."

:What do you mean 'only'? If one out of ever four Democrats voted to get rid of him, obviously they saw something wrong with the guy too. If 22% of Republicans voted for Obama Care it would have passed in a landslide. If 22% of Democrats voted for Mccain he'd be our President right now.

Only 24%? Ha!

"And still, the majority of democrats did not support the recall."

:The majority? No. But a very sizable group did cross over and vote to get rid of him.

"Voters for the most part didn't know the full story about what happened until after the recall."

:Do you have any proof at all to back up this statement?

"It was a very small number of democrats who supported it."

:Again, one in four is not that small of a number when you are talking about a sitting Democrat Governor.

Edited 3/28/12   by  RNO13Giants
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12

Talk about coming full circle...

"Governor Davis would not have been recalled with Republican votes only."

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/28/12

"2) I would never jump to the conclusion about another persons character simply based on what they would write in an e-mail message or message board. In fact, I try very diligently to never even do so until I have spent time with a person so I can do this with much greater acuity and precision."

That's total <bullshit. Stop the hollier than thou routine. You toss out insults on this board like people throw rice at weddings. Lof'nL.

• Reply to this Message