• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dbacks just got fleeced
  • 1/24/13
  • metsfansince89
yeah that bauer trade is even worse. dbacks had a real chance to compete this year before all this happened. oh well
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • alex8686
They essentially traded Justin Upton and Trevor Bauer for Randall Delgado and Didi Gregorious. Mind boggling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • marvelousmarvin
So Murphy/tejada, Flores, Familia/Mejia and one more wouldn't have gotten it done?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547802.12 was deleted
  • 1/24/13
  • brodhi

Braves fan here, MetRebel the guy they changed up the motion with was Teheran..This offseason they've had him revert back to his natural motion and looks like his old self again. Delgado has a chance being a top of the rotation guy but honestly he's more of a 3-4 with not near the upside of Teheran. The other prospects aren't that great..Spruill might end up back of the rotation or a long reliever..Ahmed could be a solid SS but just as easily a utility player. Drury may never make it up into the bigs..

Yeah we all loved Prado but braves had a sense he was looking at 11-12mil a yr and didn't feel he was worth that going into his 30's..He's very good but not a potential superstar just starting to hit his prime. Plus we have him locked up at a good price for 3 yrs..

Lastnight, I went to bed thinking we'd be giving up Teheran, Graham, Gattis, Bethencourt, Ahmed, instead we have this and still retain our best prospects..Yeah Braves did real well in this one.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • metrebel

>> Braves fan here, MetRebel the guy they changed up the motion with was Teheran..This offseason they've had him revert back to his natural motion and looks like his old self again. Delgado has a chance being a top of the rotation guy but honestly he's more of a 3-4 with not near the upside of Teheran. The other prospects aren't that great..Spruill might end up back of the rotation or a long reliever..Ahmed could be a solid SS but just as easily a utility player. Drury may never make it up into the bigs..

For some reason I thought they changed Delgado's motion. It's still very rare to see the Braves change a kid's motion when a kid is so close the majors. The Braves develop their kids very well. Something the Mets have to improve on. You never what the other kids will turn out to be, but they were blocked by better prospects anyway.

>> Yeah we all loved Prado but braves had a sense he was looking at 11-12mil a yr and didn't feel he was worth that going into his 30's..He's very good but not a potential superstar just starting to hit his prime. Plus we have him locked up at a good price for 3 yrs..

I think the fact Prado will be FA in 2014 was a big part in why Wren traded him. The D'Backs wanted help on the left side. Wren, rightly so, wasn't trading Simmons so really who was left. I think Prado is a very underrated player.

>> Lastnight, I went to bed thinking we'd be giving up Teheran, Graham, Gattis, Bethencourt, Ahmed, instead we have this and still retain our best prospects..Yeah Braves did real well in this one.

The one kid I would not have trade is Bethencourt. I doubt Brave fans will like it, but I don't think Wren will make a big push to resign McCann. For the right price he would, but good hitting catchers are in demand and get very money on the FA market. He is getting older. there is no guarantee the Bethancourt will make it, but he is the 7th rated catching prospect in MLB and it's nice to have him in the wings. There was an article on ESPN.com about the trade. They asked six or seven MLB executives and one scout, what they thought about the trade. One didn't think it was good. His reasons were mainly about leadership and the K's. Now that Chipper has retired and Prado is gone who will be leaders on the team. It has to be McCann and other vetern players. Freeman and Heyward are too young yet for that role. Your team will K a lot. The rest think it was a very good trade for the Braves, but a couple had one reservation. If Freddie does something that either BJ or Justin don't like, and that brother gets mad and pouts, will the other brother, whose not mad, be mature enough to tell his brother to stop pouting, shut up and play the game. That remains to be seen. I think both brothers have matured a lot since they got into the majors. IMO the Braves got the better of this deal.

• Reply to this Message