• Welcome Guest
Atlanta Braves

Welcome to the Atlanta Braves.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Braves bring back late 60s "screaming Native" logo for BP
Messages 165186.9 through 165186.10 were deleted
  • 12/27/12
  • shag23
I don't really care for it. I wear the bp hat from the past two seasons everyday and think it is sharp looking. But this new hat will draw a lot of attention, just maybe the wrong type.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/27/12
  • stvitusfx
I don't care about offending Indians, but I do think it's a pretty awful hat. Solid blue all the way around except for the logo? No.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/27/12
  • NELSKOF
How can you not love this?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/27/12
  • mikeq672
How is it offensive? I dont see people thinking the Fightin' Irish are offensive, its the same thing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/27/12
  • stvitusfx
I find using "Yankees" VERY offensive to those who live in the north. I think they should be forced to change their name to something more appropriate. I'm sure with some time and a few beers I could think of some good names for them...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/27/12
  • homerunner32
New York Scalawags?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 165186.17 was deleted
  • 12/27/12
  • RaylenGivens
Winning MOFOs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/27/12
  • Freemans_Crowbar
Tacky & mildly offensive. It's a win-win.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 165186.20 was deleted
  • 12/28/12
  • BraveKing
The only one I could find remotely offensive is the Washington Redskins.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • bravesriot

Here we go, it's already making it's rounds on news sites.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/braves-screaming-indian-logo-bp-hat_n_2373487.html

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • tbhasty
I love it.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 165186.24 was deleted
  • 12/28/12
  • Freemans_Crowbar
Redneck conservatives will always find a way to defend the "good ole days", when casual racism was not only accepted but encouraged.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • South6987
Get over yourself. I have three coworkers who are Cherokee and live on the nearby reservation, plus I have several more friends who live there as well. Not one of them could give a rats behind about these logos or mascots. One of my coworkers is a big Braves fan himself. The other two are Dodgers and Redsox fans. We talk baseball and other sports everyday. I bet if you took a poll of who thought these logos are offensive, it would be 99% white men and women who think they know what's best for all of us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • South6987
"Redneck conservatives"
How original. LOL! Hey, do redneck liberals exist? Maybe oversensitive liberals.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • FridaGates

"Hey, do redneck liberals exist?"

i doubt it. liberals are usually well-educated and open-minded. rednecks- not so much.

• Reply to this Message