• Welcome Guest
Chicago Cubs

Welcome to the Chicago Cubs.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• no1 official report on zimmerman trial
Messages 422498.760 through 422498.761 were deleted
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1
yes, it was mentioned,but not as evidence, just that it was found near where martin was at. it wasn't tested for fingerprints or anything so not surprising they can't use it as evidence. martin would have had to have it on his person in order to 100% show he had it. otherwise, we can't for certain say.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66
Because they can't prove it was his, but it sure makes an interesting possible little twist that most people don't know about.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1

Especially when they could pretty easily find Martin's DNA or fingerprints on it.

it was on a wet ground on a rainy night and I think found 2 or 3 days later. I don't think at the time it was even submitted as evidence since the investigation was centered on zimmerman. it would have been nice though if someone had tested it just to see if dna was on it. they found it way too late probably to be helpful though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66
Would prints and or dna still be solid if something was found laying in wet grass after it had been raining?
I'm asking, I don't know and thought you might considering your background.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1

usatoday:

A Slim Jim is a slender metallic tool that resembles a large knife and is designed to unlock a car door by accessing the lock mechanism located inside the car door. If you have a Slim Jim, slide the device between the narrow slit between the door glass and car door, then slide the tool down into the door. Once you've located the lock mechanism, twist the Slim Jim until it wraps around the wire, and then pull up. Since they are a specialized tool, Slim Jims are hard to come by and are primarily used by locksmiths and law enforcement personnel. Some companies equip security personnel with Slim Jims, so locating a willing security officer might be a more viable option that involving the police or having to pay a locksmith.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 422498.767 through 422498.768 were deleted
  • 7/11/13
  • bacubsfan
Since I’m at work, I’m curious. It was stated that the slimjim was found where Martin was “hiding” Who established that Martin was hiding there?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66
True , finding it three days later also leads to the possibility it was later planted at the scene.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1
it was found, according to mr serino, in the location near where zimmerman claims the kid was hiding.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66
Mark O’Mara emphasized that he wasn’t saying that this is connected to the case or Trayvon Martin, but that there was a “slim Jim” found near where Trayvon Martin had been hiding? Serino answered that yes, when they were combing the scene a few days later they recovered a “slim Jim”, which is used to jimmy locks or windows open.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • bacubsfan
Interesting. Zimmerman claims Martin was hiding from him and he knew where that location was? Maybe that explains the 4 minute gap depending on when Zimmerman said he saw Martin hiding. I don’t recall any of this in the original story. Then a burglary tool is found where Zimmerman claims Martin was hiding three days later? Hmm, curiouser and curioser as Lewis Carroll would say…..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1

you again are not getting things right.

you are even contradicting the prosecution's 'star' witness on this.

ms jeantel says during the entire time that martin was walking quickly home. it was zimmerman that then came up and attacked. but during the entire four minutes he was walking home.

lets try to keep this simple. how is it martin is walking quickly home and after four minutes of walking, he ends up only 50 yards from zimmerman's truck? can you give us any explanation that would make ms jeantel's account sound reasonable here? to me it sounds like she was just lying.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • bacubsfan

Ms. Genteal couldn't even keep her story straight. I don't put a lot of faith in her testimony.

But I still don't know when Martin was hiding or when Zimmerman saw Martin hiding? I googled "Zimmerman saw Martin hiding" and got no hits. Where did this information come from?

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1

the problem is alot of the prosecution case is built on ms jeantel's version. she was the one that initially claimed zimmerman followed him the entire time and then attacked. now, we see her story doesn't hold water. so how much more we were intially led to believe by her is wrong?

now, if martin wasn't walking for those four minutes. why did he stop going toward home? we have zimmerman on the phone for two of those four minutes talking to the dispatcher. during this time martin could have easily just walked home. why didn't he?

look where the fight happens. 50 yards from the truck. you still claim zimmerman was in a hunt after martin for four minutes that ends up in a fight near his truck? what kind of chase only covers 50 yards in four minutes?

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • TheGhostOfNO1

But I still don't know when Martin was hiding or when Zimmerman saw Martin hiding? I googled "Zimmerman saw Martin hiding" and got no hits. Where did this information come from?

zimmerman said he was walking back toward his truck when martin surprised him from out of bushes. martin asked him if he had a problem and zimmerman said no. martin then said 'you do now' and hit him.

is it believable that zimmerman was walking back to his truck? given that this happened 50 yards from the truck. I would think its plausable? if he was chasing after martin, wouldn't he have covered more than 50 yards after nearly four minutes?

also, I am amazed you just said ms jeantel is not to be believed. do you know that most of the martin family initial storyline was based on what she said?

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66
No, it was found in bushes near the area he saw Martin cut through and then come back out of.
You really need to read the 911 transcript and or watch the walk through the next day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/13
  • Batman66

"what kind of chase only covers 50 yards in four minutes? "

one like this

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi83T4wEf8

• Reply to this Message