• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• You sound idiotic when you bash Wright
Messages 547619.72 through 547619.73 were deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • hammr1952
aint that the truth. this sort of reminds me of that clown blkmcdn... the harvey/blanton compares..... he to thought it was ok for peds as well.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547619.75 was deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • hammr1952
ahhh the old rummy... now that guy was an WILPON/OMAR defender to the core lol.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547619.77 was deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • hammr1952
+1 this is true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • 86mex17
Its ridiculous, Met fans who bash Wright sound like the mor o n Yankee fans who call Francessa and complain about cano and Texiera . We've got an elite player here they all should enjoy watching him.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547619.80 was deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • fargol

"Except they are MUCH better. Wright cannot carry a team like those guys."

LOL what? Can't carry a team like Cano and Tex? What?!?

No one player "carries" a team. The team carries the team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • fredhoss
You should check Wright's stats in games they win. Your statement that he can't carry a team are based on opinion not stats. Look them up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • abbymart
I don't blindly defend Wright. I don't KNOW what the issue has been with him since 2009, but I do know that Wright was every bit the ballplayer Braun was when he had an actual team around him '05 - '08. How can you say that Braun can carry a team when he's had Prince Fielder as a teammate most of his career? When Braun produces with some of the sh*t lineups that Wright has played with the last few years then I'll believe he can carry a team
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • johnyringo
He's a great player but he is tainted......Delgado taught him how to quit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/20/13
  • HundleytheLFer

Braun is better than Wright. Teixeira not so much.

As for other 3bs...Cabrera is better. Longoria probably too (though he can't seem to stay on the field).

Headley had a great year in 2012..but hasn't done it long enough. His second best year OPS+ wise is worse than Wright's second worst.

And I'd take Wright over Beltre . Beltre has been really good the past couple years, but that's when he's gotten the opportunity to play in very good hitters parks. He's always been great defensively, but offensively outside of one big year in LA he was pretty meh overall in the 11+ years he played in more pitcher friendly parks in LA and Seattle . I wouldn't trust that he'd put up the same great numbers he put up in TEX/BOS while playing regularly in Citifield. Even with the last 3 years - his career OPS+ is only 112, which is worse than Wright's worst year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • jets_mets
So you rank people on who is best by what you think they are going to do in the future and not what they have done already? Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • jsmet

So everyone who disagrees with you is stupid?<

There are a few here who if they do not agree with someones
Opinion they call him stupid. That shows arrogance .

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • jsmet

But here is what you don't get. Any team with a guy like Braun or Cabrera in the line-up will have a solid offense. Wright doesn't have that kind of impact on a line-up.

Exactly.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • Kranesback
What I do is put more emphasis on recent performance than the past and whiffboy had a terrible second half. with the contract, the WBC, and a terrible team, I expect him to pick up where he left off last year and be a major disappointment.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547619.90 was deleted