Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Seven player deal apparently
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Exactly. Everything else has changed multiple time
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • spydermet

"Dickey, Parnell, and THole for TDA, Buck, either Snydergaard/Sanchez and maybe Raja Davis or something like that might be a deal that would work for both teams"

We had one of the worst bullpens last year. Parnell was one of the few bright spots of our pen. Trading him makes no sense. I don't think giving up our best starter and reliever is a smart move as we aren't getting any established quality players back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • TheDudabides
Sorry, but I'd much rather have two elite prospects than a reliever who carries very little overall value.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
id rather a top prospect with ace potential than a reliever
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • forceout6
Yep.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • spydermet
Then who pitches the last 2 or 3 inn. This isn't little league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Can always put a bullpen together, and Synder at minimum, can relieve. Possible future relievers in system: Matz, Mejia, Familia, Tapia, etc., etc., can always put one together.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • TheDudabides
Starters, especially ones with ace potential, like Syndergaard, carry much more overall value than relievers like Parnell. And you could easily replace him with a cheap via free agency, like Brian Wilson, for example.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
without dickey we're probably winning less than 70 games this year, so who gives a sh..it if we lose a couple more by trading a reliever. by the time we are really good parnell will be a 30 year old reliever seeking big money. do you know how easy it is to get relievers within two years? we already have two being groomed in the minors, and at least one of the SP prospects will likely convert, so I dont really have a problem at all projecting a good bullpen by 2015. parnell is not a piece you hold back in order to trade for two exceptional prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
can you imagine trading Zach Wheeler for someone like Papelbon? because I cant. thats almost the same scenario we're facing now
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • spydermet

"Can always put a bullpen together, and Synder at minimum, can relieve."

Like the pen we had last year?
What are we giving up to acquire Snider to be a reliever? Isn't he supposed to be a starter? So now we are admitting that the players we might be getting aren't good enough to compete at the Major League level at their position. So, we will hope they are adequate at another position? That doesn't thrill me or say that we should have a better future.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
"What are we giving up to acquire Snider to be a reliever? Isn't he supposed to be a starter? So now we are admitting that the players we might be getting aren't good enough to compete at the Major League level at their position. "
I said minimum. Floor. At bottom value.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
he basically said 'at worst the player we get back will be a younger version of the player we are giving up'

learn to read dude
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Blue Jays board right now is so butthurt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
It seems like they think the Mets should pay because they already traded away a lot of prospects. You want a proven CY Young winner it's going to cost prospects. you would think these prospect were already Aces and All stars like the guy they are getting in the deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName

<"Ricky Romero ?@RickyRo24

@JoeyBats19 @jparencibia9 D amn son get over the trade rumors. We already know u ain't going anywhere ur #TheUntouchable Haha. "
Implying the Mets want Arencibia, haha.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • chrisanity27
not really, there is a ongoing twittter battle between JP and fans...his smugness it infuriating....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
http://metsminorleagueblog.com/analysis/scouting-reports-on-jays-prospects-darnaud-snydergaard-sanchez/
"Scouting Reports on Jays’ Prospects: d’Arnaud, Snydergaard & Sanchez"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
aslong as dickey and niese or dickey and ike isnt mentioned.im good
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
nah,i dont see them trading nimmo. i think if nimmo was dealt itd be some other team trying to give us their ace,or slugger with him as a first or second prospect.
  • Reply to this Message