• Welcome Guest
Detroit Tigers

Welcome to the Detroit Tigers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT: Michigan Basketball
  • 1/18/13
  • ajax14

I think the better team just won. Minnesota shot 50% from 3 and 48% overall. Both hit the same number of free throws and Minnesota only had 4 more turnovers then Michigan. Minnesota played a pretty good game but they needed to be near perfect to beat them. When Michigan plays like that I'm not sure any team in the country can beat them. Too many shooters, to much athleticism and too much depth. What's scary is that depth will only get deeper when Horford gets a little healthier.

Overall in the Big Ten I think Wisconsin and Michigan got the leg up right now. To win the Big ten teams gotta get quality road wins and take care of business at home. Michigan and Wisconsin are the only teams who have done that so far.

I really thought Indiana was gonna win the Big Ten. But now I'm not so sure. When I look at them I see they're 1-2 against top 25 teams. They haven't played a tough team on the road yet either and probably wont in tell February. The last month of the season they've got Ohio State, Michigan State, Minnesota and Michigan all on the road and they dodge a bullet by not having to play the badgers in Madison.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • snow1knows

Nice assessment. We got a break when Hollins only played 6 minutes in the first half. He was on fire.

Michigan's only real weakness, besides being a little small, is the transition defense. Once they tighten that up a little I think we'll see a more complete team.

Nice to see Stauskas come back and get it going a little. I think he's so used to being able to somehow find a way to get a good shot off that Big 10 play has thrown him off a little. With it's in-your-face defense, he might be a little overwhelmed right now.

McGary and Robinson III are both really playing well.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/22/13
  • Tigrrman

<<My guess is that Duke and Michigan will be #1 & #2 again before the season is over.>>

I posted that on January 14.

It sure didn't take long ..January 21 had Duke #1 .. Michigan #2 ..again.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • snow1knows

Duke will be tested again tonight at Miami.

Nice 3 game in 6 day stretch for Michigan State to take a 6-1 conference lead into Indiana on Sunday. Winning at Wisconsin last night was big for them, though the Badgers missed free throw after free throw at crunch time, basically handing them the victory.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • TigersFanATL

<Duke will be tested again tonight at Miami>

And failed miserably. A buddy of mine who is also into college basketball said it best: Duke is good but when they have to face ATHLETES, they fall apart.

Hence why the Blue Devils can be beaten.

This year it is wide open all over the place. The Big Ten is going to be a dogfight and I think is still the best conference, over the Big East (Louisville and Syracuse pretty much hold up that conference-and give it two more years and they're in the ACC).

But, you have some good teams all over the place so I've really enjoyed this season of college ball.

• Reply to this Message
Message 59556.712 was deleted
  • 1/26/13
  • snow1knows

Looks like Michigan will take over #1 with a win at Illinois tomorrow, though with the way things have been going, it could turn out to be another learning experience. Louisville and Syracuse both losing today. It has been an exciting season.

Here's a nice article on the upcoming restructure.

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-basketball/college-basketball-notebook-new-catholic-7-league-/nT668/

Edited 1/26/13   by  snow1knows
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • TigersFanATL

I saw Louisville play for the last 2 months and needless to say I wasn't impressed when they have won and this skid shows they aren't a great team.

Syracuse floored me. I thought they had that game wrapped up against Villanova today. Their issue is if you play the whole game with them, they won't win.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • snow1knows

Nova beat Louisville on Saturday so they have a couple nice wins under their tournament belt.

Kansas is emerging as a legit contender.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • TigersFanATL

Nova beat Syracuse today.

Kansas is always great in the reg. season but especially with the Big 12 down this year I think the Jayhawks are going to be untested come March. They might be out in the Sweet 16

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • dtfan4life
Another team to keep an eye on is Butler. They have some really good wins and are playing good BBall right now. Temple made a run at them today but The Bulldogs pulled away at the end.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • snow1knows
Ah, I meant to say they beat them Tuesday.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • TigersFanATL

Yeah, I wouldn't overlook Butler, or VCU.

I'd be worried on Arizona actually

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • dtfan4life

A really good game today MSU at IU and a pretty good 1st half going on in Ill.

I love the Big 10.

Go IU.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • baseislife

Had ya scared, I'll bet. :)

Green missed ops in the first half. (the throwaway IU inbound pass, and missed 8 footer. The blocked breakaway) Shoulda had a lead at half. (after being down by eightish)

I take the moral victory, Appling's worst game EVER, and only lost by a handful. Yes, the B10 is fun to watch.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/28/13
  • snow1knows

I'll say it's going to be like this:

#1 - Michigan
#2 - Kansas
#3 - Indiana
#4 - Duke
#5 - Arizona
#6 - Syracuse
#7 - Florida
#8 - Butler
#9 - Gonzaga
#10-Louisville
#11-Oregon
#12-Michigan State
#13-Ohio State
#14-Creighton
#15-Kansas State
#16-N.C. State
#17-Wichita State
#18-New Mexico
#19-Minnesota
#20 Missouri

And that's as far as I'll guess.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • snow1knows

BIG game coming up at 9pm Saturday night. #1Michigan @ #3Indiana. Indiana thrashed Purdue last night while Michigan shut down Northwestern to set up the show down between the Big Ten's top 2 teams, both at 7-1.

Both teams are playing well with the winner of this game having the advantage with about 10 games left in the conference schedule.

Go Blue!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • dtfan4life

Although it will be difficult I think the winner of Saturday's game might run the table in the Big 10 until the last game of the conference. That last game in Mich will be something to look forward to.

Go IU!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • Tigrrman

Michigan has the talent to go all the way. Do they have the determination, the focus, and the discipline to do it?

M Go Blue.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/1/13
  • snow1knows

Michigan and Indiana each have games @ Michigan State to play yet. Those games have much to say about who wins the Big Ten. MSU is tough because Izzo has them learning and adjusting all through the game. Illinois had them down 10 at the half and MSU came out and scored the first 14 to start the second, though it was a very close the rest of the game. They might not beat you by 15, but they can out-grind you by 3.

Plus, you still have to go to OSU, while Michigan has to go to Wisconsin. It's going to be a fun ride.

• Reply to this Message