Tough loss. Once the 1st period ened it was pretty clear goals would be hard to come by and in the end the Hawks didn't even get one.
1. Hawks HAVE to get someone in here who can clear the net. Unacceptable to allow someone to stand there without being touched.
2. Hawks need to do a better job blocking shots at the point. Every shot seems to get thru.
3. Hawks are stacked with skill and potential skill players. It's about time they start getting "hockey players".
4. Unfortunately, Craw and Em will be our goalies next season. 2 beat writers said them same thing last night. Expect them both to be here to start the year.
5. Some Hawks beat writers say it's possible Bowman may be on the hot seat. Remember when the Player Director or what ever was on the ice earlier in the year when the Hawks were struggling and it seemed to bother Coach Q a little. IMO, if push came to shove and the Hawks had to choose, I think they'd pick Q over Bowman.
2 and what kills me is they were so good at doing that 2 years ago, Hjalmarson without checking any stats had to block less than half the shots he used to this year.
3.....yep , gotta get some better all around players like JR was, a guy that can finese you and score and also isn't afriad to throw the body around
4.....thats a bummer, they aren't bad but they aren't "playoff caliber " goalies
5 ......not sure about that one