• To:All
  • 12/29/12
  • snow1knows

And then there were 4, (undefeated teams):

Duke
Michigan
Arizona
Wyoming

Michigan will try to stay that way, as they take on Central Michigan tonight. CMU upset Michigan 5 years ago, but an upset ain't in the cards this year.

Go Blue!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/29/12
  • baseislife

<Zona>

Play Utah, then on the road at Oregon on Jan 5th & 10th. After that, looks pretty smooth for a while (the usual conference games, any could trip them up)

I can see the Wildcats getting to 24-0, when they play @ Utah on the 17th of Feb.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/31/12
  • snow1knows

Arizona got by San Diego State at home by 1 and they've played some close ones already. Blocked shot on a layup saved them with seconds to go, so I think they're ripe for an "L" soon. UCLA has been playing well of late so I'll say Arizona goes to 17-0 and then loses at home to the Bruins, 1/24/13.

Duke might have the best chance to go undefeated. Like you said about the conference games, there's the chance that they get tripped up. I'll say they'll go to 25-0 and lose at Maryland on Feb 16. If not there then maybe @ N.C. last game of the season.

I don't know anything about the Wyoming team, but I think that Michigan could be the next to get beat. With 9 ranked team games left to play, any one of them could pull an upset. Hardaway Jr. might miss a game or 2 early but they have Northwestern first, whose best player is out for the season, then Iowa and Nebraska at home, 2 relatively attainable wins. After that it's a toss up.

I'll say they get to 24-0 and get nipped by MSU on the road.

Happy New Year Mr. base!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/31/12
  • TigersFanATL

I gotta say, as a Spartans fan, it is fun watching Michigan play.

Actually the Big Ten might be the best conference in basketball now with all the talent. Indiana, Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, etc.

Can't wait until Maryland gets into the fold.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/31/12
  • dtfan4life
The Big Ten is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. As always Iowa, Purdue, Northwester, and Penn State will pull a big upset. Go Hoosiers!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/31/12
  • baseislife

It is.

I'm not missing hockey at all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/31/12
  • TiggerBounce
Get Bent!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • TigersFanATL

Iowa nearly stunned Indiana earlier.

I wish the Big Ten would be the same way in football especially v. the SEC.

Then again, LSU lost to an ACC school tonight so there's hope for Nebraska, Northwestern, and Michigan later today. I really hope the Huskers win though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • dtfan4life

Iowa hung tough, it will happen all season. Who will be the big surprise in the Big Ten this year? Iowa may be that sleeper.

It will be great to have the Big Ten do really well. NCAA BB is my bridge between the WS and ST.

Go Hoosiers!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • TigersFanATL

NCAA basketball is pretty much my only one joy from the Super Bowl until Opening Day.

The rest of that time is a cold dark world from the first of February through the first of April. I can't get into Spring Training like most people on here do.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • dtfan4life

I enjoy ST somewhat, but the best part is MLB TV. All of the reports and interviews and analysis gets me even more ready for opening.

NCAA BB Tournament first weekend is my favorite non-baseball time in sports. I will take 2 days and plant my butt in front of the TV, eat junk, and be lazy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • TigersFanATL

<NCAA BB Tournament first weekend is my favorite non-baseball time in sports. I will take 2 days and plant my butt in front of the TV, eat junk, and be lazy.>

I normally do that but this year my week vacation is a week after the baseball season begins and normally it is the same week. So I am going to take a day off work for Opening Day. Instead of taking a day or two off to watch the tourney and eat to my heart's desire, I am going to take the day off and watch baseball til I puke.

That time, the tournament, and the 24-hour basketball marathon are the only days I will take a day off from work.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/1/13
  • dtfan4life
Opening day is another day of physical inactivity for me. Between games on TV and MLB Gameday audio it will be baseball from 1:05 ET until the last game is over on the west coast.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • snow1knows

<<I gotta say, as a Spartans fan, it is fun watching Michigan play.

Actually the Big Ten might be the best conference in basketball now with all the talent. Indiana, Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, etc.

Can't wait until Maryland gets into the fold.>>

They sure had fun last night, though Northwestern was missing it's top 3 players.

Trey Burke has turned into probably one of the best players in NCAA. The game flows through him like no other Michigan guard I've ever seen. He could score 30 a game if he wanted to but instead gets everyone involved and does not make mistakes. He hit 3 triples and scored like 13 points in a row in the first 5 or 6 minutes to put Michigan up 20-4 last night, just wowing the opposing crowd with amazing crossover beatdowns and fast break finishes. I think he slammed on a 7 footer last night, too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • TigersFanATL

I stand corrected: the Big Ten IS the best conference in basketball.

Duke is pretty much the entire ACC at this point (though Maryland and Georgia Tech are off to good starts). UNC is struggling and Florida State is too wishy-washy.

Big East is pretty much Syracuse and UConn. Vastly overrated all around.

A10 I keep hearing is supposed to be one of the top conferences but I don't really see that right now.

SEC is a joke save for Florida.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • baseislife

I mentioned the Utes would give Zona all they wanted. Nice game.
Duke also remains unbeaten.

Wolverines/Hawkeyes today @ noon......should be a good one.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • dtfan4life

I think Iowa will turn out to be pretty tough this year, especially at home. I'm glad Indiana got them early at Iowa, don't want to go there in Feb.

Great to see Purdue beat Illinois and the Illinois turn around and beat OSU.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • baseislife

They seem to have Clemons starting at the point, as a frosh. In the NCAA & esp. the B10, that's a tuff get. Indiana almost didn't, and almost got beat.

I'd think UoM will keep them at bay today, but ya never know.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • snow1knows

As far as RPI rankings go, the Big Ten has a pretty solid lead over the Big East. I was going to guess at the Mountain West being the next toughest but they come in a #3. Actually, after a quick look I see that those 2 just recently switched positions.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-conf

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • snow1knows

Michigan is clicking on all cylinders right now. The line is Blue by 13.5 and they've been winning at home by about 26 a game.

Since Iowa likes to play up tempo, which is right in Michigan's wheelhouse, I'll take a guess at a score of 78-61, Michigan by 17. If Michigan controls the boards by any large margin it could be a 20- something point blowout.

• Reply to this Message