• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Didn't I tell you David Wright is Alex Smith
  • 1/13/13
  • MetsMan
The smartest thing the 49ers did was to realize how skewed stats can be, and take their chances with a real qb who's play outshines his numbers...
Watch the Jets trade for Alex Smith and watch him have one of the highest pass ratio in the NFL yet lead the league in three and outs... This is equivalent of what David Wright has been doing the last three seasons..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • Gepett0

you're an idiot

im sure that most teams would bench wright for a rookie...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • jsmet

"So, the only top team he hit poorly against was the Giants. Another theory shot to h*ll"

>Exept I never said he didn't hit against top teams..... More like his hits are during meaningless situations... Against top teams when we are down 7 runs, you can pencil him in for at least two, two out hits with no on on base..<

Bingo

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • jsmet

>Nobody called Bonds whiff boy, for good reasons too.... With Wright it seems like if the pitcher isn't bearing down and concentrating he creams them, however once the game is on the line and they need a strike out, Wright is often at a disadvantage and this is where he is prone to strike out... Hence the name Whiff Boy... <

so true.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • KLake409
Before they moved to Citifield and also the concussion Wright used to be very clutch he used to go the other way with 2 strikes and often hit a double off the R-CF wall but not as much anymore unfortunately, but actually the first half of last season he was doing that more and he had a great first half.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • fredhoss
Did you check his stats from last year?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • beingfrank

Don't bother with JS. He is the biggest fool on the site and I defy anyone to find a post where I have said that about anyone else. I don't just throw that word around casually. His brain is truly empty

racist posts
ridiculous assertions
agreeing with statements from others that have already been proven false
half of his posts are..."ditto, I agree, so true"

lol

• Reply to this Message
Message 545071.69 was deleted
  • 1/13/13
  • fredhoss
I know all about JS. I just want to see if he replies back although I am confident that he won't.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan
Let me explain why the two are so similar...
1- they are both very nice clean cut guys, very likable as individuals..
2- Both are bright and charming.
3- Both put up pretty good stats..
4- But both have major dents in their armor that takes away from their stats..
The diffidence between the Mets and the 49ers is that Coach Habs is a visionary coach and he had the guts to go against the grain and realize that the 49ers would never win anything with a player like Smith at the helm...
The Mets on the other hand makes this same player their captain and wonder why we have been fighting for last place the last three years..
The only team in the NFL that thinks as poorly as the Mets is the Jets, and I am willing to bet they will trade for Smith and NYers will see first hand how love-able Alex is, how great he is with the kids, he will even sell tickets and have very impressive stats, but count on him to win the big game.... Well you may as well be batting David Wright in the 2nd half of the season...
Don't get upset because the truth hurts....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan

I know all about JS. I just want to see if he replies back although I am confident that he won't.

Talking about me.... LOL you guys stay wrong and have no shame to stop talking kr@p... LOL....
Look instead of mouthing off, please use logic and explain in detail where you think Alex and Wright are that much different...
Now before you start downing Smith I seriously think you guys need to check out his stats... Don't get me wrong he is a very good QB, and even led SF to the championship game where they should have beat the Giants if it wasn't for two muffs.... The same can be said about Wright were he led the Mets to the playoffs and we should have won to get to the W.S..
I will say this, Wright has been better longer, but as they now stand over the last three years, they are virtually identical (oh yeah you better check out Wrights stats for the last three years also..)

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan

you're an idiot

im sure that most teams would bench wright for a rookie...

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? My argument wasn't that both teams handled the situation identically.... But I guess your too stupid to realize and got caught up with your own silly scenario...
But just for fun I will bite... Most teams in the NFL would not have benched Smith either, matter of facts most experts called the move silly... But people with real vision understood the player Smith is and realized that you will never win anything with him. (thank god Habs doesn't think like Mets brass) because the Mets will never move on from Wright no matter how flawed his game is...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan
And before you guys say hindsight is 20/20 I made this thread when the 49ers was in first place Alex was the starter and he was in the top three in passing rating..... In spit of him having success I knew the 9ers would be better off with out him....
See unlike you guys I don't have to wait for a player to fail before realizing he has flaws... This is what prevented you guys from seeing the piece of fools gold players like Jason Bay, Shawn Green and Xavier Nady were...
Good teams and scouts looks for tendencies to measure a players worth this is what the 49ers did and this is why they are a successful organization bad teams are always late in evaluating players and hope and pray they turn things around, unfortunately in the real world, they seldom do... This is why teams like the Mets and Jets always seem behind the 8 ball...
Ever wonder why teams like the Yanks, Braves and Redsox always have better Rookies than the Mets, even though we always draft higher... Well this is part of the reason why...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan
This is my theory of losing organizations as opposed to the theory of bad luck losers have and think....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetObserver
You really enjoy talking to yourself don't you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan

Obviously, because these guys never challenge me on my facts or my logic, all they do is attack my character then when I throw more logic/facts they shut up and for this you critisize me... LOL when they thought I shut up due to their big mouths I get criticized, now that I shut them up with logic now you are criticizing me....
Do you no remember this???

"I know all about JS. I just want to see if he replies back although I am confident that he won't."

But when I answer elaborately answer back, you say I am talking to my self... LOL
You losers create these win/win situations to tilt the playing field only because its is apparent that you guys have such a poor track record in any field that is leveled... LOL

Food for thought, if you call someone an idiot and you can not submit a single shred of evidence to support your claim, then anyone with half of brain will see through and know who the real idiot is...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetObserver

My comment was because you posted 3 straight posts addressed to no one in particular. But aside from that your 5 point post was ridiculous as a comparison.

1 Qbs are not the same value to the team as a third baseman. QBs have much more of an influence on the outcome of a game than a thirdbaseman.

2 When comparing two individuals who cares if they are pleasant and nice guys. There are tons of them and you are acting like they are the only two.

3 What does major dents in their armor mean. If anything takes away from their stats then the stats would change. This is just completely dumb.

4 Bright and Charming??? same as #2.

Get real.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Gepett0

no we ignore you

alex smith is NOT a good player....he was a weak link on a good team...if you take him off the team it is still good...his stats are the function of the team he plaays for

dwright is the exact opposite...he is a very good to great player (one of the greatest 3b of ALL TIME and a top 5 3b in baseball) playing for a bad team....

you couldn't possibly be more wrong....but you will just come back w/ the same tired argument that really has nothing to back it up other than false logic and you will leave thinking you won the argument, which couldnt be further from the truth

the fact that you are a complete and utter to.ol just adds to the frustration of dealing w/ you...which is why people repeatedly leave this thread to die....it has nothing to do w/ your abiility to "shut them up w/ logic" bc your statements are not truly logical

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • bennitto
Let's see Wilson leads the 49ers to a 13-3 record last year and now he is trash?
It is simply the fact that the niners had Babe Ruth as QB behind him and he simply took Smiths job because of the injury episode.
Football is a business, the great teams put out the best players with loyalty as a second fiddle.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetsMan
This would be smart if you could show me where I said anyone was trash....
  • Reply to this Message