• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WHY DO PEOPLE SAY WE CANT CONTEND?
  • 1/22/13
  • Oldfan

True, but sometimes young players take a step back after their initial season.

I like Harvey, but I'm not sure he'll pitch as well as did when he was brought up last year. He was more impressive in the majors than he was in AAA.

It'll be great if he's really a sub-3.00 era, with a better than 1 K/IP ratio pitcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • metman79
lots of guys do better in the majors
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • knarf0516
Maybe, but lots more don't.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • Oldfan

Yup, some do. We don't know what they had him working on in the minors.

I'm hoping he proves to be a 1-2 type pitcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • saztastic2012
Agreed, LGM!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • saztastic2012
By Uncle you mean test tube?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • saztastic2012
The thing about the OF is it really is undefined, Even if it is Baxter, Duda and Capt K who really knows what to expect from Capt K based on his near 300 ABS or Baxter based on his 200 ABS?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • saztastic2012
Stuff it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • saztastic2012
Keep being negitive if it makes you happy, And for the record where did I say anything about winning a WS? English not spoken first in your household I guess..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • Kranesback
If everything breaks right we have a shot at .500. A realistic goal for the year would be to not lose 100 games. You could make an argument that we have a decent starting infield, but that's about it...and please don't say our rotation is solid when we basically have one guy that has picthed a full major league season or is not coming off of injury...and look at our outfield..offensively, it's 3 Mike Nickeas's without the catcher's masks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • frozensoda
NICE! Very funny but unfortunately very true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • frank2475
People say we can't contend because we can't contend.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Great response.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • golfbone

Perhaps you are a few years younger than I am and want to have some enthusiasm going into the coming season. That's just fine.

I've been a Met fan since the 1960s and have learned to temper my expectations. It's just easier to be rooted in reality than thinking that every year will be 1969.

You should consider being polite though. No reason to insult others. You'll learn that as well with time.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547713.75 was deleted
  • 1/22/13
  • golfbone

I think they are moving in a necessary direction. For years I've been disappointed that this franchise so rarely develops talent but when they do.....Seaver, Gooden, Wright, Strawberry...it's more electric than any imported mercenary. I love the way the Marlins have been able to reinvent themselves over and over and the way the great young players just seem to pour out of the Tampa and Minnesota organizations. I would be thrilled to be a Nationals fan for the same reasons.

I'm willing to wait few years for the Mets to develop some great young talent and have a competitive team for years. I hate watching old players collect paychecks they haven't earned.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • saztastic2012
Im 43, That said I am polite when needed however there are a lot of asholes on this board who ar enot polite and dont deserve any kindness.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • golfbone
You've clearly demonstrated that by example.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • Kranesback
Bravo....43 going on 7.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • saztastic2012
Nice attack and what I should not be nice to you? Blank yourself.
  • Reply to this Message