• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Around Baseball
  • 12/21/12
  • Chappy81
I wonder who picked Baltimore to finish first? That is mind-boggling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • eastcoastjaysfan
Good signing. Kind of surprised Pierzynski didn't get at least 2 years. Texas will make a few more savvy signings and will be right back around 90 wins again next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/21/12
  • eastcoastjaysfan

Red Sox still doing Mickey Mouse types of things... Possibly Morales or Aceves for Joel Hanrahan (Grilli might've made right career move). So many other holes and they're focusing on closerz

Yankees plan on going into next year with a competition between Francisco Cervelli, Chris Stewart, and Austin Romine for C.

The time to strike is now.

Dunno if this was discussed, but according to mlbtr the Braves are still kicking the tires on Bonafacio.

Edited 12/21/12   by  eastcoastjaysfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • snooked11
I hope Bonifacio stays ( pretty sure he will) Us jays fans will be in for a treat if he stays healthy.. pretty exciting player to watch.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • Dr_Dinger
Liriano to PIT, 2 years/$14 million.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • jaysblue
I could see Liriano having success in the NL. A.J. Burnett had huge question marks as well before last season and he was rock solid with the Pirates, which went under the radar. Lots of risk for Liriano at $7 million/per year because the guy is so erratic.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • knightdepaix

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121221&content_id=40772356&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb#disqus_thread

If the Twins are able to sign pitchers of Rich Harden's caliber to minor contract with invitation to ST, I think the Jays could net some more pitching for stockpiling depth in Buffalo.

Take note of Anthony Slama, a Twins' NRI. His minor league numbers are very good: career 12.4 K/9 and 100 saves in the minors. If the Twins let go of him, he could be of use to us.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/twins-sign-rich-harden.html#disqus_thread

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/21/12
  • jaysblue
Slama is a big power arm who was considered to be a big part of the Twins BP a couple of years ago. Worth definitely a look on a minor league deal.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 71999.6041 was deleted
  • 12/22/12
  • kgm1
I agree Harden and Kazmir would have been great depth moves but AA will have trouble signing those type of pitchers since they are going to teams that lack pitching thus see a good chance of making the MLB roster .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • kgm1

Things are not looking good in Oakland

The Athletics asked to remain in the Oakland Coliseum for five more years in a proposed agreement that would delay the target for their move to San Jose until 2018, writes Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. The A's lease is currently set to expire after this season. The club has waited almost four years for Commissioner Bud Selig to approve or reject the proposed move to San Jose.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#YEbYWfQrLOsloK7d.99

When is the next big firesale .

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • kgm1
Liriano has good #,s in interleague play . Still the guy has been so darn inconsistent over the last two years that 7 mil seems way too much .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • z3r0s

"The club has waited almost four years for Commissioner Bud Selig to approve or reject the proposed move to San Jose."

That is pretty stupid... give them an answer already.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • kgm1

San Fran has the rights to San Jose , As I understand it the A,s sold them to the Giants years ago and now they refuse to give them up.

Still another 5 years in Oakland is brutal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • z3r0s

You can't feel too bad from them if they indeed sold the rights to them... but the whole thing is pretty silly.

A team that has had the kind of success Oakland has deserves to be in a decent market, especially if its just down the road.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • mac33
Good call. These two would have been good invites or pick up for AAA if they would accept.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • Chappy81

"Liriano has good #,s in interleague play . Still the guy has been so darn inconsistent over the last two years that 7 mil seems way too much . "

Moves like this over the next year is going to make all of our contracts look better and better. Just wait until next off-season when teams have that extra $25 million. Contracts will see another big spike.

• Reply to this Message
Message 71999.6050 was deleted
  • 12/22/12
  • jaysblue

"Liriano has good #,s in interleague play . Still the guy has been so darn inconsistent over the last two years that 7 mil seems way too much ."

It's a high risk, high reward signing. Pirates could have a nice rotation in 2013, especially if Liriano pitches like the 2010 version. I'm hoping Liriano pans out with the Pirates. They are one of the NL teams I root for.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • mac33
Not much being said about Melky, he has kinda gotten lost in all these other moves.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
How to stabilize rotation.
Latest by fatash - 5:27 PM
Pineda gets 10
Latest by jaysrjays - 5:20 PM
ThinKing outside the bucks
Latest by MagicPuppy - 4:55 PM
To add injury to the insult TDA gets better each day
Latest by MagicPuppy - 4:43 PM
8 man pen
Latest by 2BMAN - 4:22 PM