• Welcome Guest
Chicago White Sox

Welcome to the Chicago White Sox.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I was shocked to see so many empy...
  • 4/18/12
  • jomwoody
Ticket sales are way down this year. Bringing in Ventura wasn't a boost to sales. I am a past season ticket holder (until last year) and I was getting offers for opening day tickets up to the day before the game. It still wasn't sold out. Sox Fest this year didn't come close to selling out, and thats a first. The day before the fest, you could still buy 2 and 3 day passes without committing to a hotel room. Thats another first. So don't look for any sellouts or capacity crowds this year or, unless this team creates a miracle and wins a lot. Sad but true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 4/18/12
  • Viciedo4Eva

Other things that shocked redrum1 last night:

Adam Dunn striking out
Beckham missing fastballs down the middle
Danks receiving no run support

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/18/12
  • Chisox378
Its his first post, give the guy a break! =)~
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/18/12
  • Metallives
They never get much in April... May's a little, but not much better... By June/July, you'll see maybe not the largest crowd, but a more respectable one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/18/12
  • LaFollette
People have a problem with paying $40 or more for a seat to see a bad product.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/18/12
  • TheGovernor1
tickets on stub hub for thursday's get away game start ar 3 bucks...kinda says it all
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/19/12
  • 9daybender

Sox fans discern form year to year how to go about spending their (our) hard-earned dough. We just don't show up for the sake of it.

Watching the Sox the last few years is like being coked-out and coming home at 6AM every day, then sleeping till 8PM, wasting entire days. At some point you don't know which day is which....

They all blend together, like the Sox since 2009.

I don't think Sox fans think they've (we've) seen enough of an intervention.

It's called enabling. Sox fans don't enable. At some point, you gotta set a "bottom line."

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/19/12
  • pc_intelligence
Since winter I was predicting maybe 1.5M this year, but it could be worse than that. People are not into this team or interested in half-wit rebuilding.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/19/12
  • TheGovernor1

i'm going today , i got tickets on stubhub for 10 bucks a piece 1st row behind home plate , upper deck..you can get tickets right now for today's game for as low as 5 bucks a seat..

this is pretty typical for april..being a single dad w/ 3 boys i have to pick the games to go to that are budget friendly..i've seen baltimore, and april baseball a lot over the years :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/19/12
  • BaconDunn
Aren't the fees pretty steep for stubhub? I thought, but I could be wrong, that if you buy a $3 ticket, the fees bring it up past $10 or so. No thanks!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • Whitesoxarefun
i was at game and thought high point was that about 5 year old speed demon running from the left field corner all the wy out to center field where de Aza scooped him up. Vee cee ado watched the kid in awe.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • Whitesoxarefun
tribune says it was Veeceeado...either I'm losing it or those guys look very much the same. I was upper deck right behind home plate
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • OldRoman

This guy seems like an attendance troll.

Even so, I have to say that after a +500 start and a decent gate for the Detroit series, I was a bit surprised at the sparse crowds. Did the Os series even crack 50,000? Sad.

Weather, Hawks, and any other excuse may have some validity, but they're still just excuses.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • haveacold1

Good thinking, nice plan. I believe I may borrow that idea. Finances have limited my games.
Usually make WJUP 9.79 Nights 9.79 per seat, good price.

Try to make Elvis night each year. it's such a fun night win or lose, prefer wins but crowd is so into Elvis and all the singers, acts, Flying Elvi's and so much more. it's hilarious, my kids love it too.

21 Days without a smoke for me on this end, feels Great !!!!!!

Have a good weekend buddy,

Otis

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • win05

"Aren't the fees pretty steep for stubhub? I thought, but I could be wrong, that if you buy a $3 ticket, the fees bring it up past $10 or so. No thanks!"

If you are buying one ticket, there is a per order charge which was $5 last year. There also is a 10% add on. If you don't get the instant or electronic ticket, you can pay other fees but that normally is something you don't have to do.

If you are dealing with Sox tickets, you do have a huge choice of instant tickets. Stick to those and you get your tix immediately with no waiting for any confirmation. As far as that $3 ticket, what do you care about the fees unless you think that $10 is too much to pay for a game.

Stubhub is great. I use it all the time for away games or an occasional trip to Wiggley. You can see exactly where you are sitting. Just be sure that you buying the right quantity. Also, a lot of people who are selling 4 will split them. You really need to try it once to have another option.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • 9daybender
Quit smoking, Otis? Niiiiice. Don't fall off the wagon!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • haveacold1

3 weeks today. Going strong, using the patch program. So far so good.

Thanks man

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • Whitesoxarefun

here is vid of that little kid caught by Viciedo

http://chicagoist.com/2012/04/19/kid_runs_onto_field_during_sox_game.php

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • 4424ever
If and when I have kids, and I catch them smoking, I'll be way more p*ssed if it's a tobacco cigarette than if it's a joint. May those 3 weeks turn into 3 decades, friend.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/20/12
  • SirLouis
<NBC news reported the father encouraged the toddler to run on the field. What a jackass.
  • Reply to this Message