• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Alex Anthopoulus Wants More Than Dickey 4 D'Arnaud AND Gose
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

Rosenthal is the source, by the way. He says that's how the Blue Jays and Marlins trade got so out of hand (12 players).

We could be looking at...

Dickey + Niese + Tejada + Parnell + Flores = Reyes + D'Arnaud + Gose + Snygaarden + I don't know who else there is, lol...

• Reply to this Message
Message 546368.7 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • nym698641
Who catches for the Mets?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
oh yeah were trading a catcher without having one to replace him. youre great at knowing baseball dude
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546368.10 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

>>>I dont think D'Arnaud is in the deal. It was just reported Gose is in it, I cant see them trading both.

No, no. It read more like Anthopoulus wouldn't trade JUST Dickey for D'Arnaud. We'd have to throw in someone else (prospect or ML-ready contributor) for D'Arnaud and another prospect.

Rosenthal's point being that to make the trade work, more pieces would have to be added, balanced, added, balanced, etc, etc. Hence the magnitude of the TOR-MIA blockbuster.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
We aren't trading both Neise and Dickey. We aren't the Marlins
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
If Rosenthal doesn't even know what catcher we are getting than he is clearly in the dark. Credit to the tight lipped Blue Jays
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

>>>We aren't trading both Neise and Dickey. We aren't the Marlins

You sure about that? Both franchises have cheap owners (relative to their geographical locales) and were fighting for 4th place in the division in late September.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Yes I'm sure of that. It should be pretty clear right now that there actually IS a plan here. We don't need to cut anymore payroll. We did that. It's now about building an organization that can sustain success. It's amazing that we ran Omar out of town and now want his model of short term franchise building back
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546368.16 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
I would hope not, he needs to get the better catching prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546368.18 was deleted