• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Niese for Arenciba
Message 545766.54 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • edmet
how about gee, gorski (lh AAA starter) and another secondary prospect for arenciba and rajai davis? arenciba hit what, .211? you dont get a cy young winner for that. now, dickey for arenciba davis and 1 of your 2 hot pitching prospects, maybe. we can throw in thole (experience catching knuckleball)/would you?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • edmet
wasnt darnaud in halladay trade?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

"I don't have to know the GM, to look at history and see what top prospects are traded for."

Right because past history is an EXACT science and things ALWAYS go the way they have in the past...couldn't be more incorrect on that one.

Dickey is worth MORE than just ONE top prospect (D'Arnaud/Myers type) but you seem to think that he isn't even worth ONE.

If Dickey is traded, I GUARANTEE Dickey will bring back more than what you think he will.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
don't you know that our pieces are garbage and other team's prospects are HOFers? No thanks to Arenciba. If Dickey went to the Jays, the deal STARTS with D'Araund whether they like it or not. They don't include him, they don't get Dickey...simple.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • flushing21
I was at the Friday nite game in Toronto in May. I think that guy hit two HR's of Jon Neise. LOL....I could be wrong about the 2nd one though. I do remember Neise getting shelled however.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • leaffie

Why is it that a conversation on a mlb message board has to get into a p.i.s.s.i.n.g contest?

I never said that Dickey was garbage. Go back and read.

If Dickey is traded, I GUARANTEE Dickey will bring back more than what you think he will."

And yet when I said that D'Arnaud would not be traded for Dickey, you gave me an entire song and dance about being friends with the GM. Does that apply to you also?

Calm down.

Dickey was a fringe player a few years ago. He turned his career around with a knuckleball and won the CY. Good for him. But that does not make him the best option out there for ANY club to trade their #1 prospect. Will someone do it? Maybe.

But you should go and read what a few knowledgeable writers think he will get traded for. There is not a team that wouldn't like to have him. But what they will give up is an entirely different story.

Jim Duquette on XM radio at this very moment, talking about what Mets will get. Both him and Ferrin said the Mets are going to be disappointed. They are not going to get what they hoped.

I will leave this conversation, now. But you really should go out and look at the guys that teams actually got for Halladay, Sabathia etc. And remember that Dickey is not in their class.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

"Why is it that a conversation on a mlb message board has to get into a p.i.s.s.i.n.g contest?"

If you make hypocritical statements, you lose all credibility. Simple.

"If Dickey is traded, I GUARANTEE Dickey will bring back more than what you think he will."
"And yet when I said that D'Arnaud would not be traded for Dickey, you gave me an entire song and dance about being friends with the GM. Does that apply to you also?"

That is called my OPINION. And YOUR opinion is that he WON'T bring much back. That's fine and is not the part I'm debating. You say you use "history" as a factor in determining value...would the Beltran for Wheeler trade fit into that as well? An older OFer with bum knees who offered NO compensation got us one of the best pitching prospects in baseball. I think it is VERY fair to say that a CY YOUNG award winner could get at LEAST that, most likely more.

"Calm down."

You can't handle a simple debate? Do you expect everyone to just agree with you? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, don't post here.

"Dickey was a fringe player a few years ago. He turned his career around with a knuckleball and won the CY. Good for him. But that does not make him the best option out there for ANY club to trade their #1 prospect. Will someone do it? Maybe."

That is your OPINION. GM's will do what they believe is necessary to improve their team, including trading their top prospects. Believe it or not, top prospects HAVE been traded in the past...

"But you should go and read what a few knowledgeable writers think he will get traded for. There is not a team that wouldn't like to have him. But what they will give up is an entirely different story."

NOBODY knows what a team will give up for Dickey. Everything any "writer" says is just speculation and opinion.

"Jim Duquette on XM radio at this very moment, talking about what Mets will get. Both him and Ferrin said the Mets are going to be disappointed. They are not going to get what they hoped."

Again...more SPECULATION and OPINION. Is it possible that the Mets not get what they are hoping for? Sure...and if that is the case there is NO WAY the Mets are trading him for just decent prospects. Jim and Ferrin are not the GM of the Mets correct?

"I will leave this conversation, now. But you really should go out and look at the guys that teams actually got for Halladay, Sabathia etc. And remember that Dickey is not in their class."

Ok see ya. Again, past trades are NO GUARANTEE of what future trades will bring in. Would you mind finding how many trades before involved an OFer with bad knees with no draft compensation who brought back a team's best pitching prospect? Or does that not count?

If Dickey is traded, you will be surprised of what he will bring back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Lipchitz

"If you make hypocritical statements, you lose all credibility. Simple."

She didn't say anything hypocritical...

"You say you use "history" as a factor in determining value..."

What else do you suggest using? GM's use historical precedent to determine trade value and contract value all the time.

"would the Beltran for Wheeler trade fit into that as well?"

Yes it would be a good comparison. However, Wheeler was in the 30-50 range at the time of the deal. The Mets absolutely should be targeting someone they think will boom like Wheeler.

"NOBODY knows what a team will give up for Dickey. Everything any "writer" says is just speculation and opinion."

It's opinion and speculation based in fact. I wouldn't take it exactly word-for-word but there is no reason to completely discount it.

""Jim Duquette on XM radio at this very moment, talking about what Mets will get."

An Ex-Mets GM is a very well educated opinion... I have no idea why you would just throw it out.

TLDR - You believe that you know better ex-GM's and national baseball writers, and that historical precedent doesn't matter. What do you believe in?

• Reply to this Message