• Welcome Guest
Chicago White Sox

Welcome to the Chicago White Sox.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 3/10/12
  • 1lonewolf
Ouch. A young Ozzie. And Karko behind the plate .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • 1lonewolf
Also tossed a no hitter with Baltimore against the Yanks .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • 1lonewolf
In 1958 Cleveland GM Frank Lane allowed him to be picked up on waivers by Baltimore because
he was alarmed by the number of passed balls . I believe ( but am not sure ) that he was the first pitcher that the catcher used the large mitt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 3/14/12
  • 1lonewolf
Now Shaq wants to pound on him.
He says he is willing to fight Canseco in a mixed martial arts bout. "If he wants it done, he knows where to find me " Shaq said . " He can be high off whatever, and I'll be high off Frosted Flakes ".
Canseco lost a mixed martial arts bout in 77 seconds against 7 ' 2 " S. Korean Hong Man Choi in 2009.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/14/12
  • pc_flippen
Did you see Canseco on some talk show a couple years back? All dressed in women's clothes or something like that? That dude has lost it, that juice has made his brainy crispy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/14/12
  • 1lonewolf
No I didn't see that . But I do'nt doubt it . I think he is nuts. Delusional for sure.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/15/12
  • junglejimrivera

Here's a bit of goofiness from Canseco with a local connection. In a nutshell, the Yuma Scorpions were visiting the Lake County (Ill.) Fielders, owned in part by Kevin Costner. The Fielders players weren't getting paid so they refused to play....J

[-Fielders hitting coach Pete LaCock, a former Cub [nice name Pete!] who has seen many strange things, took over as interim manager. He put all listed pitchers in positional spots for the game. Non-pitchers pitched.

To even out the playing field, Scorpions player-manager Jose Canseco did the same. He also named himself starting pitcher.-]

Sounds like something out of my long-lost youth. Right field OUT!

http://deadspin.com/5820671/minor-league-involving-kevin-costner-jose-canseco-and-pete-lacock-devolves-into-extreme-chaos

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/15/12
  • 1lonewolf
Lol . Canseco pitched 6 innings and got the win. Or maybe that was Ozzie Canseco his twin.
Jose was supposed to be at a celebrity boxing event for which he was paid but sent his brother instead . They got caught because of tatoos that Ozzie does'nt have. Weird dude.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/15/12
  • junglejimrivera
Jose seems like a case of Arrested Development on Steroids.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/15/12
  • vawhitesox
He dressed in drag on "Celebrity Apprentice". He also played a f.ag on another episode. That was for charity, so I would give him a pass for that.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Wrigley Birthday
Latest by win05 - 10:24 AM
Robin watch...
Latest by Polecat - 9:48 AM
Fast Track, TPP, etc. - Again!
Latest by Sox2K14 - 8:39 AM
Take It to the Next Track
Latest by Sox2K14 - 7:53 AM
Who's Verlander? 4/22 GDT
Latest by Whitesoxarefun - 7:42 AM