• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wilmer Flores
  • 12/2/12
  • clintonsox
doesn't sound like many of you believe Flores could stick at 3B.....Hawkins or Thompson would be nice pickups if the Mets had time to wait.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
He could stick at third, but there is 138 million reasons why he won't with the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
well the main reason is that he can't play 3rd for us at the ML level is because of Wright....I see his future on another team due to no position on the Mets
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • TheChosen1
I'd trade Flores for Hawkins AND Thompson. :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay
How does Hawkins and Thompson compare in prospect rank? I could see a potential prospect swap for a position of need ie catcher, outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • gomets66
1 is a 3B, the other an OF. both were just drafted in 2012 and at least a few years away. 1 drafted in 1st rd, other in 31st rd.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay
So without much more information to go on, I'd have to say I'm leaning towards the 1st rounder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • TheChosen1

They're both CFers who project to be corner OFers.

Thompson was drafted in 2009. He' may be ready for the Majors by 2014. He has power (25 HR/96 RBI/31 2B combined in 2012). Good glove with a plus throwing arm. His downfall is that he K's a ton, 166 in 2012.

Hawkins was a 1st RD pick in 2012 (13th overall) so he is a few years away. He said to have a very good bat with power to all fields. Good glove with a plus throwing arm.

Edited 12/2/12   by  TheChosen1
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • edmet
to me with the wright signing flores is available. we need outfielders, a catcher and bullpen help in that order, the hitters preferably young righthanded and with big upside. who do you have?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • dbackfanron

"As far as what I personally would expect in return."

I would love for the Dbacks to acquire Asdrubal Cabrera in return for Chris Owings and David Holmberg, but to expect it is completely unrealistic except in a fantasy league.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • BigTon
What I don't get is if the Mets tried their darndest to play Murphy(who had no real position)why they won't give a good hitting prospect like Flores a chance to test the positional waters.I understand that he is a better trade chip than Murphy was and the circus that was Murph in the OF was laughable,but it sort of worked out in the end i think.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Oldfan

Until the 2012 season, Flores played SS since being signed. I'm assuming he's a decent athlete.

Flores is a big kid and the Mets played him mostly at 3b last year, but he also got some games at 2b and 1b. Flores probably has a projected MLB ETA of 2014, so with the Mets unsure of Wright's future, putting him at third last year wasn't a bad move.

He's a big kid and although he could probably handle 2b for a few years, he'll probably outgrow the position. There was always talk that he would end up as a corner OFer, but he's not very fast.

This year will be interesting. If he remains at 3B, he'll likely be a trade chip. If the Mets intend to keep him, he'll obviously be moved to another position.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by almandareo357 - 11:31 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer
Latest by thatsrightthemets - 11:27 PM
FRENCHY PUNKED BAD!
Latest by marvelousmarvin - 11:16 PM
Cubs
Latest by gatorupset - 11:13 PM
Valverde
Latest by gatorupset - 11:11 PM
Best Starting Lineup with Everyone Healthy