• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Was anyone surprised?
  • 2/12/13
  • burningmyeyes

Oh MetObserver you are so CUTE with your over 4,000 post. That explains it all to! TOO much FREE time on your hands! I WAS a season ticket holder for over 20 years, something IM CERTAIN you never did. That being said, I consider myself pretty educated in the business world as I to own multiple businesses. If you are to disillunioned to not see the smoking mirrors and rif raff leadership of this organization, you are hopeless. Perhaps you didnt notice, but NY is is NOT A SMALL MARKET AREA!!! That being said, I will ignore your childish request that I hold my breath and in turn will wish you luck in another 4,000 post in probably less then a week. I have noticed that you are ALWAYS quick to attack others that dont share your opinion. Thats another clear sign, however Ill leave that for your therapist! in closing I will share a saying the fits you PERFECTLY!

DO NOT argue with an SIMPLETON. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • shawnfrompa

I'm serious. Here's a fella that is one year removed from his rookie year being asked about the front office dealings with a FA. I would expect him to say all the right things.

--> The debate is not about if Ike Davis handled the question in the exact way the Wilponzis would have preferred. The whole point of using his comments in this debate is that HE BELIEVED that putting Bourn in the Mets lineup WOULD be a game changer. Unless of course you beleive he was being dishonest in his assessment and would have said the exact same thing regardless of whom the player was that he was asked about. IMO, he gave an honest and accurate answer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • shawnfrompa

Addition by subtraction is fool's logic.

--> That is false. It is very sound logic.

If you owned a store would you keep items on the shelf that did not sell? Why?

If you owed a restaurant would you keep items on the menu that did not sell? Why?

If you owned stocks that were losing you money would you keep them? Why?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • DFAB
The problem is that we have to put A LOT of faith in Kirk/DD/Cowgill etc. We have to pray that they turn out to be something....especially since we have NO OF help coming soon....the best OF prospect we have is Nimmo and that is at least 3 years away. If we had a Brentz plus another good OF prospect in the minors, it wouldn't be as bad. There would be something that would resemble a possible future. As of right now, we really have NO future in our OF....unless of course DD, Kirk, etc. not only turn out to be ML players but solid to AS ML players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek
I looked at Metobserver's profile -- fan since 2005. MY guess is most people pick their favorite teams when they are 8 years old... ergo Metobserver is in 16-17 year old range.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
who cares... this team wasn't competing this year anyway. sure i'd like bourn but lets not act like he would make any difference. this team would finish in 4th place with or without bourn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
Yes and you believe that is also my name. You are very naive to be sure if you believe anything in a profile. That was all a joke for you information. But if that is what you believe so be it. I must be a genius to be already retired, I guess. But in the 50's I was that old and living in NJ I watched the old Brooklyn Dodgers as often as I could. So unless I own that mysterious DeLoren I guess you are wrong about my age.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek

Sorry I didnt realize how important is to lie about when you became a fan -- what was i thinking???

I can see how important this information can be.

Actually no I cant.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver

DO NOT argue with an SIMPLETON. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!
------------------------------------------------------------
When trying to impress someone you should at least make yourself look intelligent. That would be A Simpleton not an simpleton because only a real simpleton would speak that way.

"That being said, I consider myself pretty educated in the business world as I to own multiple businesses" Ha,ha. "as I to own" meaning like some one else who owns multiple businesses? or did you mean simply that you own multiple businesses?

By your posts I would assume those businesses are lemonade stands. Must be hard to make money in the Winter.

Attack other opinions. No. But I do find it foolish to complain about the owners continually when it is well know that the Mets are at a big disadvantage with the owners we have. But let's all say it in posts another 1000 times and maybe it will change, or maybe not. Clearly stating the obvious is such a good thing to do. I just get tired of it every day. Except that is is the current state of affairs and follow the team as constructed or don't but just to whine and complain is less than counter productive in my opinion.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver

Sorry I didnt realize how important is to lie about when you became a fan -- what was i thinking???
----------------------------
So by your profile I am guessing that you are nothing and have never been anything. Just sayin.

Just filled in anything because I wasn't going to disclose any thing about myself available to the public. I don't have facebook and avoid making myself a victim. If you don't like it too bad.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek

You did expose yourself -- I know you did not become a met fan in 2005.

:)

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"Pleasantly surprised yes. In my mind, I thought they would sign him and it would have turned into a mistake contract for 3 of the 4 years, clogging up the teams pitiful payroll. Would he have helped this year? Sure. Was he a real game changer? No, .270 hitters with no power are not game changers. He is a decent player, don't get me wrong, but a 4 year year deal for him has mistake written all over it. Since he depends on his legs, at age 30 he is already stealing less and that trend is likely to continue. What we would wind up with is another Castillo but for $12M instead of $6M, except Castillo got on base more. Remember how bad we wanted him out of here by year 2 of a 4 year deal? Like I said, he would have helped this year, but having him have over 10% of this teams payroll would not have been good in future years.
"

^^^ THIS ^^^

+1

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"there is more to baseball than just hrs..."

Of course there is, just like there is more to baseball than SB. for 12 million dollars Bourn would have been a bad investment, because speed guys like him grow on trees

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"Not signing Bourn confirms what many already believed to be true. The Mets are not the least bit serious about being competitive in 2013. "

Do you really believe that signing Bourn was going to even the playing field against the Nats and Braves in 2013?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"He doesn't hold a candle to Jose Reyes as a leadoff hitter and where did that get us?"

+1

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
This is his first shot at free agency and will be his 4th team. He is not a difference maker or someone would have kept him. Philly? Astros? Braves? so now he is the Indians problem.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"C'mon now! He could have easily just said "I'm not comfortable commenting on a player that Sandy is in negotiations with.""

Who really says that? I don't think I've ever heard any player talk like that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
Not unless he was handed a script.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"This is his first shot at free agency and will be his 4th team. He is not a difference maker or someone would have kept him. Philly? Astros? Braves? so now he is the Indians problem."

Exactly. While I agree that he is a decent player and would have been nice to have him, there is no way he is worth 12 million, 4 years, at that age. Giving him that contract would likely hurt us long term.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Bowser

"Not unless he was handed a script."

Exactly, I mean this is the kind of stuff most players and managers say anyway, just some generic "Yeah he's a great player I would love to have him on our team". Ike is in the public spotlight, what else is he supposed to say? People should be used to these kinds of answers by now.

Edited 2/12/13   by  Bowser
  • Reply to this Message