• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Rosenthal
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB

Dickey+Flores>TDA+Syndergard

Replace Syndergaard with Gose and Sanchez and it would be more fair. Dickey alone is TDA+ in case you were wondering.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
Gose has been great for the Jays, they have over-hauled his swing. He was expected to hit this way especially give the age vs level. You can't just look at the stats with him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Lol that's why I threw him in there. I would love to get rid of him he's a scrub. More likely I think it be along the lines of a bull pen arm like Parnell or Frankie which is hard to do with the state of our pen, or one of our younger arms
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
You have no idea what you are talking about. You can't look just at what number those guys are in a top 10 list. It is quite evident you have done little to no research on the Jays' system or the guys you have listed there.

Edited 12/15/12   by  Lipchitz
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
Neither of those guys would make the JAys' BP either though. Frankie was really bad here don't forget.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • edmet
because he has been effective catching dickey plus they are sending us a catcher. dickey needs a cacher who can deal with his knuckler.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546364.54 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
thole's worse than arencibia. no one wants him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz

I'm not trying to be a know it all but you have to admit there has been a lot of BS (Jays' fans too) being tossed around all willy nilly.

Most of the guys I have called out here have been trolling the Jays' board as well btw.

Edited 12/15/12   by  Lipchitz
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
right...and you don't "undervalue" the mets players and "overvalue" your own right? Give me a break...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546364.58 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
other than the thing that most easily gives you value hes pretty even great
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546364.60 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • edmet
i was responding to post that suggested we trade dickey and niese by saying that is ridiculous we would need a guy like morrow back. sandy isnt trading niese whose contract is getting better every day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
I really do my best to remain impartial. Show me where I've faltered and I'd be happy to discuss with you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I forgot about that but Parnell would be a nice add. He has failed in the closer role and has always been inconsistent. He has great stuff though and is a great asset paired with Dickey because he was very effective relieving him. Going from the Knuckleball to a 100 mph fastball is pretty tough on hitters. He would be a high upside bull pen add for you guys
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
When did I say Dickey wasn't very good? Show me 1 time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
why would we want morrow back? hes worse, older and under control for less time
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
AA loves his relievers (especially ones with power arms), I'm a little low on Parnell at the moment. We have Jeffress, Rogers, Lincoln and Delabar that are pretty similar to him.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546364.67 was deleted