• If we get d'arnaud we can still get burjos or olt
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • 86mex17
Not big on niese , would trade him for olt in a heart beat, just my opinion
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
Dickey's "injury" isn't like a PITCHING injury (shoulder for example). Yep, Dickey is older...his career is on the brink of ending.....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546350.47 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
Niese straight up for Olt would be a horrible trade...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86mex17
What if olt can turn into a guy that can give you. 270-285 ba. 25-32 hr's and 80-100 RBI , would it be bad then? I don't think so
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB

"what if" key words right there....

what if Niese keeps improving and becomes an ace?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
what if thole becomes the next piazza
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546350.53 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
i thought we were fellating our team in fantasy land. niese developing into an ace? what
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
we should trade all our prospects, right?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
"we should totally trade zach wheeler for brandon morrow guys! wheeler's nothing more than a what if
"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • edmet
a. snchez a 3/4 just signed fr $80m. niese deal is for $25m and he is at least a 3.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
k
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Gepett0

you're an idiot

seriously...there is no stupider person on the board than you

go find one left handed pitcher under the age of 28 w/ the stats niese put up last year that, when they hit free agency, didn't get a monster contract

then go through our system and tell me one left handed pitcher w/ the potential of developing into niese

when you are done, you can tell me about the value of a left handed pitcher in their primes w/ upside

until then shut the f*ck up

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Gepett0
you can't have nothing but rhp...that is not the recipe for a good rotation
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Gepett0

you might not like niese but this is what you and all of the other "trade niese" people dont understand

a 26 year old left handed pitcher that can put up #'s like niese did at 25, if they hit the open market, would net a 5+ year 80+ million dollar contract, so we aren't acquiring one via trade

when you look through our system, there are ZERO left handed pitchers w/ even the smallest bit of upside when you take out relievers (like edgin...and really thats it)....to find the next lhp w/ any promise, you have to go all the way down to kingsport to steve matz, who has never pitched even a 1/2 a season w/o getting hurt... YES we have pitching depth...in terms of rhp....we have nothing in the works in terms of lefties

you don't trade the ONLY guy in your system that satisfies a position of need when a replacement for that player costs nearly 100 million dollars...its just stupid....

i am eagerly awaiting your response to that one....or any response that any of those spouting off this nonsense can come up with....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86mex17
Niese will not be an impact ace. That's my opinion. I would deal him for a corner of who can hit 25-35 hr's and 80-110. RBI. In a heart beat you can always sign decent to mediocre sp. on the market
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • hammr1952
thats a BINGO +1.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86mex17
But u can trade an ace. Cy young winner for a "what if" catcher, ? That's hypocritical
  • Reply to this Message