• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ok you Gm's on here explain
Message 547610.43 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • JoseJose

"It's amazing that 29 other GMs, all of whom face the exact same roster limitations as Alderson and many of them with more minor league talent to protect, manage to add players to their teams. They must be wizards."

Thank you, and quite bump worthy. These people must stay awake looking for excuses for the FO. "We have to protect our existing scrubs" is a new one. We'll just put it next to "there's no one out there", "it's just the bullpen", "Sandy is patient", "can you believe the market", "FMart has 6 tools".. etc.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.45 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • johnyringo
total fraud
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • saztastic2012

See the key term there is "intelligent person" and well just look at what we are talking about.

Cross dressing stock brokers and Princeton educted (by their own account) CEO's.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.48 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • saztastic2012
Wait so if a player wins in Arbitation the team can still cut them? Are you sure about that? If Parnell won say 2 Mill the mets could just cut him before ST and owe him nothing?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
Your focus on spelling shows you really aren't an ideas guy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • fargol

"Your focus on spelling shows you really aren't an ideas guy. "

But what does your lack of focus on spelling show?

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.52 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • fargol

"Notice the lack of answers from most? Tells me they don't take enough into consideration when forming opinions."

There's enough things to lay on the FO (well, the owners really) that people don't need to make stuff up, or just blindly blame them for doing something (or not doing something) where there was a perfectly valid reason.

It's like last season during a game when TC would put a pitcher in, and people would come up here SCREAMING why didn't he put in some other guy; then someone would point out that the "other guy" wasn't available.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.54 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • murphstates

Do you want me to name at least half a dozen players on the 40 man roster I wouldn't bat an eye about being lost?

How does every other GM in baseball manage to work within roster limitations to improve the team, but with far less talent it's a problem for us?

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547610.56 through 547610.60 were deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • fredhoss

How does every other GM in baseball manage to work within roster limitations to improve the team, but with far less talent it's a problem for us?

I don't think EVERY other GM in baseball manages their roster limitations and IMPROVES their team.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.62 was deleted