• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• BOURN 4/48 W/5TH YEAR VESTING OPTION FAIR MARKET VALUE
  • 2/8/13
  • saztastic2012
Pagan got 4 for 45 $11.5 per and BJ Got 5 for 75 15 per, Bourn's AVG amd OBP was similar and better so why should he not get atleast what Pagan got?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • DFAB
I see what you are saying, and I agree...Bourne IS worth more than Pagan. However, just because Pagan is horribly overpaid doesn't mean we have to horribly overpay for Bourn just so we can give him more than Pagan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

That's so false it hurts.

If you believe in sabermetrics (which the whole game does now) he is literally one of the best players in the game.

That's not hyperbole- 7th best WAR in baseball. The only reason he hasn't been picked up already is because teams that are interested in him at this point are fringe contenders (or worse, like the Mets) and they don't want to give up a top pick to get him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • saztastic2012

Seems Bourn was offered what I said he would be and due to the time it would have taken for the league to approve it got the exact same thing from the tribe,

Funny thing is people around the game think this is a strange signing for them, Gotta wonder if there is something under the table going on here maybe they turn around and trade him back to the Mets?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • DFAB
I highly doubt he will be traded to the Mets...but that would be nice...of course if we are just taking on the contract and giving them just a mid level prospect like DD or something...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • piazzaspstache
I look at Cleveland's depth chart and I see this as a good signing by them. Adding two medium term contracts won't hamstring them and they should get decent production out of the Swisher Bourn combo. Will be interesting to watch how they fare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • johnyringo
They should have gotten Hamilton...no brainer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • saztastic2012
I know it is very very very unlikely but it would be funny, I dont know why I just have a gut feeling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • saztastic2012
it still stings but hey time will tell.
  • Reply to this Message