• Welcome Guest
Minnesota Twins

Welcome to the Minnesota Twins.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT Wolves 2011/2012
  • To:All
  • 1/11/12
  • lilly68
It was a nice comeback but they really cannot keep falling behind by such big numbers.
Papers indicate there maybe a starting line-up shuffle...is Adelman thinking about starting Rubio??
I think maybe he's earned it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • darkdruid
Probably more about Darko not starting maybe Wes too
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • vcvc
How Wes Johnson has managed to be a starter for so long is beyond me. All 3 PG's we have are better than he is and I'd probably take Ellington over him as well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/12
  • heatbeat

My guess is Rubio will be in the starting lineup for Friday, and Ridinour will be shuffled over to the 2 guard. He will be undersized there, but he is a decent enough shooter and is a solid defender so he should be able to succeed there. Darko is going to start for the time being, and I am fine with it. After all, he only plays about 15-20 minutes a game, and its not about who starts, its who finishes.

So the lineup will look like this, at least until Beasly comes back:

PG: Rubio
SG: Ridinour
SF: Wes
PF: That Love Guy
C: Darko

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/12
  • heatbeat

Michael Wilbon of ESPN praising Ricky Rubio, and there is another pretty good basketball player that knew Rubio was going to be good from the start.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-120112/ricky-rubio-success-minnesota-timberwolves-no-surprise

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/12
  • pcrnat
Rubio can handle the ball...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/12
  • lilly68
why is the game not on tv and the gopher hockey game on three different channels??
did I miss something?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/12
  • twinkilling34
Darko and wes j. stink,they bring nothing to the table.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/12
  • royalofbengal
Looks like Ellington and Ridnour stepped up to the plate. Nice win. Looks like they started Darko and Wes tonight. I still not giving up on Wes yet. Too early.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/12
  • darkdruid
Darko had some nice plays early but he just seems to be a body and if his hand runs into the ball it happens
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/12
  • heatbeat
On defense Darko played very well in the first quarter. Peck gave some solid minutes today as well, so there was some solid production from the center postion, even if they just combined for 4 points I believe. Ellington is starting to find his stroke, and he should be the biggest contributor off the bench for the Wolves for the rest of the season. Wes will find it, he is too good of a player to not contribute.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/12
  • HammerTime16

Darko needs to only play backup minutes. If he goes 0-1, 3 blocks in like 10 minutes i'm fine with that but he shouldn't be in the starting lineup anymore. Doesn't work well with Ricky. Need a more athletic C like Randolph in there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/12
  • twinkilling34
Darko,peck,randolph are just bodies,they dont help the team win,they win in spite of them.
I would like to see a starting lineup of 1-rubio-2-barea-3-d.will-4-beasley-5-love.You could always start a true center when you play the,bynums,howards,chandlers,etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • heatbeat
Very Solid Game tonight between two of the most exciting teams in the NBA. Wolves down by three with just under six minutes to the Clippers. Love so far has a double double, but has not done much in the second half. Rubio is struggling from the field, and has just one point, but it still playing solid defense and leading out some fast breaks. The leading scorer for the Timberwolves...no joke, Darko with 18 points. Ellington has been fantastic this game, with 13 points off the bench.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • heatbeat
RUBIO! 0-10 until that big time three to tie it up with 20 seconds. Clutch!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • heatbeat
KEVIN LOVE BURIES A THREE AT THE BUZZER! T-WOLVES WIN! What an amazing basketball game!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • lilly68
WOW!!!! Now that was a finish!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • heatbeat
So true, on the road. There is no way the T-Wolves of old would have pulled that one out. That was the most enjoyable NBA game I have viewed in a while.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • royalofbengal

Rubio ties it up with a three and Love to win with the buzzer beater.

WOLVES WIN ! WOLVES WIN !!!!!!!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/12
  • lilly68

Have to agree with that, old Wolves would have rolled over and died when they were down by 12. I like how Ricky Rubio didn't panic when he didn't play to his best for the first three quarters.

Saludos a mi compatriota!

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
2014 Minor League/Prospects Thread
Latest by righty8383 - 1:26 AM
Scott Diamond
Latest by BANdit - 1:03 AM
This Day in Twins History
Latest by ewen21 - 12:48 AM
Mauer is the least of our problems
Latest by DrNeau - 12:16 AM
RE: Joe Mauer, CC: Taylorhenrichs