• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• So what do you all think of Olt?
  • 12/9/12
  • edmet
an uber prospect, but i am not comfortable with him in outfield, he is not fast. make the deal, get whatever good additional prospects we can, and then try to package him with duda and valdespin and a pitcher (gee or mejjia) for stanton. a deal like that might have a chance. if not, then give him his shot in our outfield. but straight up for r.a. is not enuf we should get another player or 2. that would be a good baseball deal for marlins, but bad PR. but marlins PR is already shot. their only way out is to start winning. olt and gee are legit. duda, mejjia and valdespin are maybe's.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • PrayedforBay

With regards to Tejada, I don't have a problem with moving a shortstop over to 2nd base, but Murphy was an absolute failure in the outfield, however we are lucky that he was able to play 2nd as well as he has (which is still average).

Valdespin is terrible wherever he is, but can handle an outfield spot better than Duda, which unfortunately isn't saying a whole lot.

I'd like to think the Mets have smartened up to the fact that its better to get a guy who actually knows how to field the position they are supposed to play.

Edited 12/9/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • golfbone

A 24 year old B+ prospect for a Cy Young winner signed at 10 million less than he's worth for next year is not a good trade to make. Especially when he doesn't play the position you want him to, has a high strikeout rate, lacks speed and is unproven on the major league level.

BUST written in big bold letters here.

You need a A prospect, can't miss guy to justify the deal. 20 game winners are hard to find.

From the Mets standpoint however, Dickey must be traded because they can't win with him and they can't win without him so they need to build for the future and get a top shelf prospect or resign him and then trade him when you can OR trade another pitcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • ddiscostu

A Double A player who plays the position of Wright who has contact issues ? Not impressed !

http://mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com/

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
Another out of position outfielder, no thanks unless we get him and then trade ike .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • DFAB
Olt just has bust written all over him IMO...it would figure that THAT is what we get for trading our CY winner. It better be Olt++
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
I don't think Olt fits what the mets need i.e. Outfield help, Catching, Top pitching prospect... he is a 3b/1b and has little experience in the Outfield (which the mets have tried to do before, play a guy out of position and it hasn't worked). I'm not sure where else they can turn via a trade partner (maybe Toronto jumps back in or a surprise team that has more of what the mets are looking for). If they don't find a trade partner now sign him and than trade him at the trade deadline (hopefully at that time he is still pitching at a high level). OR trade for Olt etc.. but before that see if there is another team interested in him and flip him for an outfield/catching prospect/young veteran.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • AdrianMonk

Olt strikes out too much. Depending on how you count things, on the same order as Matt den Dekker and Kirk N.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • bondman16
I don't post here very often but over one year ago I said that OLt was a stud. He played here in Myrtle Beach in the Rangers high A team. He was an all star on a league that featured Hosmer and several others now major leagures. He got injured by smashing a catcher at home plate and was lost for the season. He is just now coming into his own
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
"Nice. nice., not thrilling, but nice" mel brooks
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • jsmet

So what do you all think of Olt?

He cant be any worse then Kirk. I see Kirk Olt and Duda in the Outfield

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • skorpio520
butch husky part two
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86kid

I don't think Butch was ever ranked a Top 15 propsect in the game like Olt.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • eastvisitr
A Duda Olt corner outfield would be pretty entertaining. Maybe not entertaining in the winning baseball games way but entertaining. Maybe if Reese Havens stays healthy he can play center.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
itd remind of the scene from angels in the outfield where all the outfielders are chasing after the ball with those 2.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/13
  • _BigNick
Olt's been struggling at AAA, meanwhile Buck has been mashing, Syndergaard's looking good, and TDA looks like a big piece of the future.

Sandy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/13
  • TheOne123
never wanted olt. i was happy that we ddint deal with texas UNLESS we got profar
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/13
  • ucpatoi
The Blue Jays package was a no-brainer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/13
  • _BigNick
Wasn't available when Olt was "realistic."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/13
  • TheOne123
but i thought syndergaard and tda were unknowns/busts lol