• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Aiming for Wil
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

some people rate him arguably the best minor league hitter. Not only is he a young stud be he fills a need as an OF and Right handed power bat.

At some point you have to take a risk and make a play for someone how has the potential to put this team where it needs to go.

If we continue to make no changes we will be the exact same team like the last few years. Mediocre!

We have to assume Harvey and Wheeler will be front of the rotation pitchers...if not Niese or no Niese this team is going to be bad. Our Future depends on those 2 starters.

And please enough with the Stanton...he isn't on the block (not making any money). And we wouldn't have nearly the package to net someone like Stanton. Your talking about Profar type prospects needed to nab him if he was even available and we don't have that. Niese is not on Profars level, I know you love the mets and so do I but be a little realistic about Niese's value.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545868.35 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • dbmets9
Overpay? I didnt even make a trade proposal. Just pointing out there's been plenty of elite prospects turn into elite major leaguers. This whole "they havent proven anything" is a ridiculous reason not to make a trade. You aren't getting Mike Stanton for Dickey. You arent getting a PROVEN stud hitter for Dickey. That's the whole point of getting a guy with the POTENTIAL to be a Stanton (Myers) for Dickey. Dickey for Myers is not anywhere NEAR over-paying. You shouldnt even have an opinion on this bobymon, you dont even know who the helI Myers is lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

Kansas City has a wealth of young OF's. They are dealing from a strength. They not only have Alex Gordan, Lorenzo Cain...they have Bubba Starling in the minors as well.

There problem is they don't have an ace. And the central can be had if they upgrade there pitching staff. They have some quality bats in that lineup. If they feel they are ready to compete then you start to trade from strengths to fill your other needs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • dbmets9
Which is most likely why they wont trade him. Its a best case scenerio for the Mets and the fact you have people who wouldnt like this trade is hilarious. The only people who shouldnt be thrilled with that trade would be Royals fans or Braves, Phillies and National fans
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • edmet
kirk is a good fielder w power. dont say he has no talent. offer dickey and cpt. kirk and a lower level minor league pitcher for myers. dickey alone wont do it. dickey,mejjia and capt. kirk maybe, then sign lannan maybe chris young or pelfrey too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • edmet
the fact they have starling in the pipeline may be the reason they will part for needed pitching. but they wont trade him straight up for a 38 yr old in his walk yr. add mejjia to dickey, then maybe.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • edmet
why not add a young pitching prospect like mejjia to dickey?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • MetObserver
The CY winner and starter of the year? For a team that wants to win now? I think they are the ones that have to throw in another prospect. If they have all the out fielders they need and then some. It is not a big risk for them to trade a couple for a proven starting pitcher like RA. If they are in a win now mode they aren't worried about Dickey in 3 or 4 years all they want is him strong for the next two years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

fair enough...i guess I am was just putting out different scenerios if they don't want Dickey

the one thing we absolutely cannot do is go into the 2013 season with the exact same mediocre team we ended 2012 with. Sorry that is not an option.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • METMAINEAC

YEAH, WELL YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE 2012 CYA WINNNER FOR A FUKCING PROSPECT.

see, it goes both ways.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • AdrianMonk

Two extreme scenarios-

1. Myers becomes a Hall of Fame type player and leads the Mets to glory.

2. Myers becomes a bust and leads us to last place and a top draft choice.

A win / win situation.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd

"fair enough...i guess I am was just putting out different scenerios if they don't want Dickey"

All the teams Sandy is negotiating with came to him to inquire about RA Dickey not the other way around, so they all obviously want R A Dickey, now it is a matter of how badly they want him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • dbmets9
Yeah, you are. The Mets wouldve/would trade Dickey for Myers. Who the heck do you think the Mets are trying to get for Dickey? PROSPECTS who are difference makers and are close to major league ready. It doesnt work both ways. Common sense, isnt so common.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Melo15nym

"Why is everyone ga-ga over this guy Myers?"

Because he's a top three prospect in baseball and he could make an immediate impact in 2013.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB

"What about every other cant miss prospect that turned into a HOF?"

Ok, please show me a COMPLETE list if every top prospect who made it into the HOF vs who did NOT....I bet the NOT list is a bit longer....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Melo15nym

"i like myers BUT he is still a prospect so trading a proven good pitcher plus others things is verey very risky"

Why do I keep hearing this? It's also a risk if you sign him for 3-yrs, $45M. Also, Myers isn't really considered a prospect anymore. He has really nothing to prove in the minors.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB

You overpay on PROVEN talent...not trading multiple pieces for ONE prospect.

"And please enough with the Stanton...he isn't on the block (not making any money)."

Did I say Stanton SPECIFICALLY, or did I say "someone LIKE Stanton?"

Either way, the point is if you are trading someone like Niese...it has to be for a PROVEN MLB player. If you are trading for prospects, you better get a TON of talent in return...and not just ONE prospect.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

... Really?

What part of 'top 5 prospect in the game' coincides with Kirk? I don't see it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

He's on the level of Trout and Harper.

These types of players rarely, if ever, flame out.

Will he be in the HOF? That's debatable... But it would be shocking if he was anything less than a yearly AS OF.

• Reply to this Message