• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright worth 138M but Reyes not worth 106M?
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates
Said what? In spring training I posted an article quoting Ozzie Guillen stating he had told Reyes, Ramirez and Bonafacio not to steal during the spring due to risk of injury.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545707.35 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates

They didn't want him, Ramirez or Bonafacio to steal in spring training and Guillen openly talked about it. They moved him to hit third because there was no one else.

You realize what you're saying makes no sense right? As was already pointed out, he stole more in the second half and after he hit third for a month he went back to lead off.

I don't even understand the point you're trying to make.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • viper99

Neither is Jose. That is the point. Fans here keep saying how Jose was overpaid at 106M or 17M+ per year. Fact is they are both worth the money since the market dictates that figure.

Then came the comparisons between the 2 players. Some say Jose is not stealing as much but fail to see that Wright is not hitting as many hrs either.

So power is Wright's game and that has gone down. Speed is Jose's game and that has also gone down.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545707.38 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates
In order for me to understand a post it has to be coherent, a quality lacking in your posts.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545707.40 through 545707.41 were deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates
Really? Is that why the majority of people who responded to your nonsense on this thread disagree with you?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545707.43 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • JoseJose

"he needs music in the clubhouse in order care about winning "

LOL - THAT wins the thread.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • MetsMan
If they were both treated as equals from the beginning I think we would have been a better team and would have been able to sign Reyes at a discount... But instead from day one Wright was the face of the team, and all we have done was lose... So until we win with Wright, he will be known as the face of a loser...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
No Reyes was not worth that and history will prove it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012

No it is not debatable, Reyes will score 90 Plus and knock in 40 or so, Wright will score 90 + and knock in 100 +

Sooooo do the Math same amount of runs 60 more RBI.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • MetsMan
Wright will be great for a few months then he when the season is on the line, he will strike out almost half of his at bats.... Then the season will be done, then he will hit a little... How many years do we have to go through the same thing with Mr Whiff, before we realize how gutless he is...
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • MetsMan
Every prolong Mets losing streaks is predicated by Mr. Whiff going into his Whiff spells.... Count it, its money in the bank...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
Where do you get your screw ball stats from? Cause over the last 3 years Wright has been averaging 82 rbi's .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • CHOOin2014
I couldn't agree more, Viper. David and Jose should have been lifelong, Hall of Fame Mets but because of our Madoff-scandal owners, we are left to battle with only 1 of them and for the long foreseeable future. No matter the length or cost, Jose should have been retained. The Yankees NEVER let their own beloved homegrown play for another uniform. No New York team should be operating the way the way we're operating this franchise. Its a disgrace and we have ownership to blame for it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • 4545_ajd

"The Yankees NEVER let their own beloved homegrown play for another uniform"

We will see that put to the test with Robinson Cano.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • 86kid

To entirely didfferent situations. Not the least be comparable in my view.

Plus I really believe in my heart that Reyes wanted to leave for Florida all along, and just wanted to use the Mets to up the ante with the Marlins.

Plus Reyes' leg issues was a big factor in this too I'm sure. It's not like there were any teams other than the Marlins that seriously went after Reyes.

Edited 12/1/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message