• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Is Hurricane Sandy the result of global warming?
Message 545085.33 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • pork_chops

Rachel Maddow is a freaking mor0n

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"Rachel Maddow is a freaking mor0n"

Why is that?

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/9/12
  • sb51

Why are so many people against Fox News, Alex Jones, and anybody else who reports on the "other side of the coin"?

I watch both, CNN and Fox. That way I get both side of an issue and I can better decide for myself. Watching only one or the other and you only get one side of the story. To shut out one or the other just puts yourself one one side neglecting the other. How is that good? And Jones doesn't make up any of his stories. They are all out there for anybody to find. Trouble is the "one siders" are either too caught up in themselves or afraid to hear another side of a story.

To get back to the question, there are rports of good old H.A.A.R P. being more active during the storm. Tie in? Maybe.....maybe not. But did global warming "cause" Sandy"? No. Global warming is the scare monger's term for climate change which is what really is going on....and has since long before gas cars and cow farts!

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/9/12
  • anthony888

I just love breaking records that were set a hundred years ago.
What was the excuse back then?

I watch the global warming experts say that we had the warmest summer in 150 years!! That means that 150 years ago, they had one heck of a hot summer.
Was that global warming too?
Those horse and buggies must have had lots of flatulence.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

It wasn't 150 years...it was ON RECORD, which means that's about how long they've been closely tracking weather.

The longest continuous temperature record is the Hadley Centre's Central England Temperature series. It starts around 1850.

Weather balloon temperature measurements become useable by about 1958.

Satellite measurements had started by 1980.

The longest useful record of carbon dioxide concentrations is from Mauna Loa, Hawaii, and was started by Charles Keeling in about 1958.

Observations of sunspots and maritime records go back further.

The longest high-precision paleoclimate record are the EPICA ice cores. They give us an idea of carbon dioxide levels and temperature levels going back about 600,000 years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"No. Global warming is the scare monger's term for climate change which is what really is going on"

Actually, no, it's the other way around. They started calling it 'global warming' and changed it to 'climate change' because dimwits thought it was disproven every time it snowed outside.

What we know. Global warming is in fact occurring. The vast majority of scientists believe it is either caused by man, or at least men are partially the cause, or at the very least not helping the matter.

Remember, if it gets too hot for us to live on the planet it doesn't matter much the reason.

That said, if it is caused at least significantly by man, which most scientists believe, it would probably behoove us to take steps to mitigate the causes, no?

This guy explains the common sense position the best. Of course the title is tongue in cheek - but the common sense arguments he makes should make sense to anyone without a political agenda and willing to have an open mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

• Reply to this Message