Lynn has already shown that he can pitch deeper into games than Garcia or McClellan, for sure.
Garcia has a problem around 80 pitches. Lynn is still going strong at 100.
"obviously he won't keep this insanse pace up"
It could happen.
Craig went 1-4 tonight in memphis.
Sanchez is still struggling all around 3 hits 1 run and 1 K for his 4th save.
his old name was ludstick47
he's the board's money man when it comes to delivering the absolute latest accurate information on the Cards and Rams.
I'm fine with Motte at closer...under certain situations.
1) He never stays after he gets rattled. Two baserunners on, he's out. Two hard-hit balls, he's out. Guy on third, he's out. Ten-pitch AB, especially if the batter ends up on base, he's out.
2) No long innings. I'd like to see him get a pitch count of about 20, maybe 25 pitches. Thirty, absolutely tops. I'm not sure his arm can't handle it, it's his head.
3) The coaches make him work in secondary pitches more often. Maybe not even 'frequently', but as it is right now, his 'secondary pitches' are as much theoretical as anything else. I've seen him do it, I know he can, but in games he goes back to his fastball. When it doesn't work, he's done. That blown save in Chicago was perfect proof of just that.
Anyway, I'm fine with Motte closing games. But we need to have an alternate for nights when he just isn't getting it done, and we need to go to that alternate quickly when it's apparently Motte's off that game.
Craig has 2 HR tonight in his final rehab game.
Carpenter update: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/no-timetable-for-carpenter-to-throw-let-alone-pitch-again/article_f02abd07-57e7-5218-b68a-510d9c3a052f.html
"Craig has 2 HR tonight in his final rehab game."
- He needs to play every day... except the days the team isn't playing... he can have those ones off.
"What are Jay's numbers this year?"
"Is Craig as smooth as Jay on the field?"
- Jay's probably a bit better fielder.