• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• If you are a Mike and the Mad Dog lis...
  • To:All
  • 6/26/01
Wow, yankee fans are insulting the Mets and their fans? Yeah, right. They would never stoop that low and sully the great yankee reputation. Amazing how vitrolic the Yankee fans get when their team is underperforming. "Derek jeter must go!" "Get rid of Posada" "What was Torre thinking not bringing in Stanton or Rivera during that last Met game? He sucks! Get rid of him!" And so on. Their insecurities have no bounds it appears. It must really suck to have your ego and sense of self worth wrapped up in the performance of a bunch of baseball players. This does not apply to all yankee fans of course. Most are decent people rooting for their team. And yeah, there are Met fans who are just as bad, shockingly enough. What gets me tired of all this is the stupidity of people who get so wrapped up in this that they feel the need to attack others to feel better about themselves. It has little to do with being a Yankee fan Or Met fan at this point. It has everything to do with being a small person. ( I got that last bit from Zim) Grow up!
  • 6/26/01
Thanks for the info, I posted couple nice things over there. I'm really sick of Mike & Mad Dog anyway for a long time. Recently, an irate Met fan called in and pinned Mad Dog saying isn't it true the Opie & Anthony Show has been getting better ratings than your show. Dog responded only for a couple of months. Does anyone know what local station the Opie & Anthony Show is on, I can't seem to find it.
  • 6/26/01
YOU STINKING HYPOCRITES. WFAN conducts a non-stop Yankee Hate-a-thon. Steve Somers, Chris Russo, and especially that nut Joe Benigno, rip the Yankees and their fans all the time. Tonight that "Sports D!ke", Kate Delaney, started doing the same thing. They are also attacking and lying about Roger Clemens. WFAN has nothing left to keep its ratings up but attacking the Yankees. The Mutts are too boring and bad to talk about. Mutt fans boasted for years about what they'd do to the Yankees when they played them. Well, you LOSE. That is what happens. LIVE with it. AND SCREW WFAN. http://www.bronx-bombers.com
  • 6/26/01
Redbeard: I thought your's was a very thoughtful post, for which I commend you! We only have to witness the juvenile post from Forkball44 to see it's wisdom. But I would like to clarify a previous post of mine. "Savage Yankee fans" was tounge-in-cheek phrase, in keeping with the fortress-under-siege theme of that particiular post. I hope most of this give and take between Mets and Yankees fans is done in good humor (though I suspect a lot of it is not). Not to be driven off the point of my ORIGINAL post, I still urge all Mets fans on this board to click the below link and show support for the cause. Send a reply to the post on THAT board to show WFAN management we will not tolerate second class treatment of the New York Mets: http://wfan.com/message/maddog/00000399/ Thanks again, and LETS GO METS!!!
  • 6/26/01
thanks for the kudos. I did get the point about it being tounge in cheek. I think met fans in general do suport what you propose but I doubt will follow through, but hey, go prove me wrong. While personally, I get annoyed listening to the Fan (sorry, the comercial station with ocasional sport updates)but truth be told, forkball is right for the most part. With the exception of susan Waldman (who if King George would tell her to strip naked and sing the national anthem wearing only a yankee hat on the pitching mound would do it.) most are pretty fair to both teams. face it, the Mets are WFans bread and butter but they suck right now. The Yankees are the most sucsessfull franchise in sport history and they are a NY team. (Beningo is the exception to this rule of course and he is nuts. The host of the FAN are fans too don't forget and are allowed to have opinions even if we don't allways agree with them. Russo is a Giants fan and only roots for the Mets to provoke people and because he has to) Franscessa and Russo both have a holier than thou approach to hosting but who can blame them? Most of your job is to listen to the rantings of a bunch of people with no lives making the most absurd and unrealistic comments about their teams. They can't please everybody and what fun would it be if they did? The FAN is not the problem. It's the fans themselves who lost perspective on the whole issue. It's baseball. It's a game. (well that's actually debatable) someware some people loose track of that. Fans who tell me their team is better than my team (and right now I can't argue)have every right to do so. But make a point as to WHY. Saying Mets Suck! as your main argument or just outright attacking Met fans (or fans in generall for their preferances)is another story. People who do this are, as i mentioned above, pretty shallow and stupid. Anybody can Go to the Yankees (for example) web site and post things like that quite easily. I seldom (if ever)see messages like that on the Yankee site but do see them quite often from yankee fans here. Why? I have know idea. Maybe it's Waldman.
  • 6/27/01
First let me say this, We all know what Mike and Chris are like, nothing will ever change them. case in point, they never want to talk about Hockey, not only do they know nothing about it, nor would they take the time to learn, but remember back in 94, when the Rangers won the cup, well for 2 guys that didnt like hockey, they were part of the parade, funny huh. We all Know Mike is nothing but a Yankee fan, and Chris a Gaint fan. It always seems when it matters the most for Mike and Chris to really speak up, they dont. Maybe they were told not to, since the wfan is the flag station of the Mets, hmmm, funny again. I dont totally blame Mike or Chris, cause for some reason, I dont think its them, I think they want to but someone or some people are stopping them. How can 2 people go out and let the truth be known on the flag station of the team they want to dog. Lets face it, why should they talk about the Mets, there is really nothing good to be said, and I know what is needed to be said wont, cause of the fact I think somepeople are tying hands from doing so. For some reason I do think Mike and Chris want to just say Wilpon you screwed up, not only that but you screwed the Fans. If you want to BOYCOTT, dont boycott the Mike and Chris show or the people that place ads on the show. BOYCOTT The Mets, like I am doing, I dont spend any money on the Mets. Mr Wilpon totally screws us, he doesnt care. The prof is in the pudding, his team is falling apart and he is out at some ballpark to throw out the first ball, hmmmmm, Mr Wilpon only cares about himself and what he looks like in the public eye. He is not a good man as he seems to be. He and Phillips the other clown, are feeding us lies how this team is geared to win this year and next. They are really hoping that we believe them, and that you come out and spend your hard earn money on that crap that Wilpon is saying that is so good. Mr Wilpon and Mr Phillips went out and down graded this team from players to coaches. We all know the hitting is the worest in MLB at the moment. The bullpen is so outta of wack its not funny. The thirdbase coach has cost them so many runs cause of his poor judgment. And the new players that were signed to these large contracts, we can blame Wilpon and Phillips. The raised the prices on everything from tickets to shirts to hats to mini bats. We know they did this cause of the fact they went to the WS, and that just maybe they were going to sign some good players like ARod or Manny, or even try to sign Mike Hampton. Well they fooled us big time. They thought they could just get by on what they have and just add alittle to it, WRONG. While everyone was improving themself in the off season. Mr Wilpon and Mr Phillips were counting the Money and coming up with lies and excuses why they couldnt sign anyone. What they did was totally fool us fans and down grade a good team. I do think its good that Wilpon is trying to get a new staduim but thats a gimmie, thats been going on for years. Just a few weeks ago Mr Wilpon had the nerve to start pointing fingers at his players, yes I agree some of the players are at flaut but look at the coaches also and the fact they didnt improve themselfs. Mr Wilpon should also look in the mirror and point the finger at himself and Mr Phillips, on the deals they made and the players the got rid of and the players they replaces them with. Maybe Mr Wilpon and Mr Phillips should look at what some of those players are doing now and look at their stats. Bad deals, poor spending of money equals and losing season. I for one are not going to waste anymore of my time or Money on this wasteful season. So If you want to Boycott, dont boycott Chris or Mike, call them, let them know how you feel, you must be heard, let them hear you, being silent is not going to help. Boycott The Mets, Let Wilpon and Phillips know that you are not going to take any longer that you will not give them anymore of your money until improvments are made on the team. From players to coaching staff. BOYCOTT MR WILPON AND MR PHILLIPS, LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE THE ONE GETTING SCREWED.
  • 6/27/01
There is no need to organize boycott of the Mets, as a way of showing our disapproval of the way ownership and upper mangement have handled this team. People will not need to be cajoled into not going to the games, played by a team that can't even get the fundamentals right. Attendance will go down on it's own. Please read the post(url below) which proposed the boycott of the show's advertisers, again. It does not make excuses for Wilpon's and Phillip's mistakes. What it does say is: Mets fans will not tolerate second class treatment of the Mets in terms of prominence on the Mike and Mad Dog show. Information on our baseball teams is important. And when one is playing lousy, the light of media coverage is even more important. Relegating the Mets to second tier status will just let Wilpon and Phillips get away with even more of their blunders. The thread for the below post is over 30 messages long. This must be a WFAN board record! Unfortunately, a lot of the posts are Yankee fans trash talking. That's why it is even more important you click this link and voice disapproval of Russo's edict. If you have alraedy posted to it, please don't be hesitant to post again. Post till it hurts (just kidding). The url is: http://wfan.com/message/maddog/00000399/
  • 6/27/01
blabesk5, are you really a Met fan? If you are a Met fan, you're a very immature Met fan. You come on this board, every day, posting lies about the Mets stats, why? You saw my posts, yesterday, stating the Met bullpen is #1 in the majors for the month of June. You still immaturally come on the board, today, bashing the Met bullpen. You saw my posts telling you to go complain about the Mets owners, with a 97 mil. payroll, being cheap, on the Brewers, Twins or Expos boards and see how much sympathy you get. You still immaturally come on the board,today, bashing the Met owners. You are getting very boring on this board. Mets didn't sign ARod - get over it already!
  • 6/27/01
"Take a back seat Mets, because unless there is a huge trade, your lead days on the Mike and the Mad Dog show are done." That brief passage is excerpted directly from the daily recap of the Mike and the Mad Dog show, on the WFAN website. It is a summary of Chris "Mad Dog" Russo's remarks from Monday. Mr. Russo has been off the air since that day because of Mets day games occupied the timeslot (Francesa is on vacation). It should be interesting to see the amount of coverage the Mets, after losing two of three games to the Cubs, get from Mr. Russo on Thursday's show. I'm wondering if this Giants fan will see the Mets worthy to be discussed at all. I don't know about you, but second class treatment of the Mets, on the team's flagship station, SICKENS me. The time to act is now! Please click the below link to take you to the post, which addresses this issue, and voice your support for continuation of adequate coverage about the New York Mets on the Mike and the Mad Dog show: http://wfan.com/message/maddog/00000399/ - Thanks, and BEAT BRAVES TIMES 4!!!
  • 6/27/01
Comments by Forkball make me laugh. Most baseball fans by the way can't stand that comedy routine called Fat Mike and the Fag Dog. As for bashing, I think we saw pictures of Forkball in the Post in the NY FAG DAY Parade just the other day. I think you were the guy dressed in the pink and white dress with the fruit on your head. As for the Yankees, they have their own station so, why do they call the FAN and expect any respect? It is only a moron like Forkball who would call and expect his just due. Sports radio is what it is which is only as good as the callers who call in. Remember, the 'Sweater', this asshole Russ Salzburg, loved to insult his guests all the time. Guess what happened? People stopped listening and he is off the air. I don't even know if he still works as a broadcaster for channel 9 in NY anymore. He is such a jerkoff and needs to be given a good 'Rodney King' like beating by his insulted listeners. Let's Go METS!!!!