• Welcome Guest
Milwaukee Brewers

Welcome to the Milwaukee Brewers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• putting 'Milwaukee" on road unis?
  • 10/12/08
  • belltollz

thats a cool idea

they should also bring back the old logo with the m & b making the glove, and update it to the new colors since everyone loves it so much.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • Borg

There's a hat at Lids.com that I absolutely love. It's just the ball & glove logo in black & white.
www.lids.com/pid/20108158

I still love the "M" but the ball & glove is still one of the best logos in all sports, along with the New Jersey Devils logo.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • trialofmiles

I think we should just put the mb glove logo on the sleeve of our current unis. That way we can stop living in the past while still keeping the logo everyone love alive.

I'm kinda indifferent on the road jersey thing. Our Milwaukee script is pretty sharp looking, but I don't know if it could fit on the jersey neatly.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • VanderOrange

I like that idea. Those guys can say what they want about not liking the retro friday jersey's, but they can't deny how bada** the MB logo is. I wish they made it a patch on the sleeve at least.

I like the idea of having "Milwaukee" written on their jerseys, it's always fun to see them play around with new unis. Did anyone else really dislike those green and blue ones from the 90's? That was definitely the worst era for this team, and the worst logo.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • belltollz

i think they should put the glove logo on the caps with the updated colors, ditch the M and barley leaf.

and yes, the mid 90's uniform, or as i call the uniform change that bought time for the real one.
i hated that, i hated it more than the retro ones.

i like the new ones, it has a classic look with a modern touch to it, it can stand the test of time, i dont think a uniform change will be needed for a long time if ever. like i said, if they change the logo on the cap to the glove logo with the new colors, it would be perfect.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • VanderOrange

Yeah, I like the current unis a lot, because they are just really sharp looking. I like the gold trim they had on too. With the updates M and B they would be perfect, but I think those will still be reserved for retro fridays, and yes, I do forsee retro fridays coming back.

It'd be really nice if we could just win the big one in these next couple years so we could have some new retro unis lol. Just like the 80's though, baseball is back in Milwaukee, and it's about time!

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/12/08
  • Borg
That M B with the crossed bats logo was horrible. I actually liked the colors, but not the font.
I still like the barley logo. I'm not sure a lot of people outside of Wisconsin realize that the M is the same as the M in the Miller logo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 10/13/08
  • Funkapotamus

The reason the Brewers jersey's all say Brewers in stead of Milwaukee is due to marketing. We are a small market club as it is so having an alternative logo with the whole state on it and putting Brewers instead of Milwaukee on the jersey's is an attempt to market the whole state of Wisconsin instead of just the city of Milwaukee. This is my guess, but I'm pretty confident on this one. So I don't think we'll be seeing Milwaukee on any jersey's anytime soon.

As far as logos are concerned in general I wish we could have some alternative hats that had maybe a white cap and blue brim with a blue M in it, or a blue glove logo with no yellow, or an all blue hat with a white ball and glove logo. I just want to lose the bright blue and yellow, I'd rather stick to mostly Navy, white and a little gold here and there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/13/08
  • smcmac32

<<<<i for one feel that every team should have their city name on their road jerseys, so how do you fans feel about it? i know tampa bay and baltimore are putting their city names back on the roads in 2009, now its just the angels, cardinals, phillies, and brewers.>>>>

Alright, I like that Tampa and Baltimore are doing it, but lets look at the last 4 teams:

Angels: What are they going to put? Anaheim, Los Angeles, Burbank, or Hollywood? They are the Los Angeles Angles of Burbank, that were in a movie made in Hollywood, but play in Anaheim right?

Cardinals: They have never had "St. Louis" on their jerseys that I know of. (Don't mix them up with Dizzy and Daffy Dean with the St. Louis Browns/Baltimore Orioles.... they did have St. Louis on their jerseys)

Phillies: Once again, a classic, and I'm not sure they've had their city on the jersey since probably the 30's. A Liberty Bell patch on their jerseys would be cool though.

Brewers: Well, the last time we had Milwaukee on our jerseys were the blue alternate jerseys in the Green Bay Brewers (mid 90's) era. Those times stunk, so good riddance.

Edited 10/13/08   by  smcmac32
Edited 10/13/08   by  smcmac32
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/13/08
  • landshark8
sorry but i goota disagree with you on this one......that black and white brewers hat looks G-H-E-T-T-O, GHETTO!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • br3wcr3w07
I don't seem to understand how that hat signifies anything that would be considered "ghetto"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • Funkapotamus
I love this hat.Maybe switch the gray w/ White and make the blue navy: h.ttp://www.lids.com/pid/20118162

Edited 10/14/08   by  Funkapotamus
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • smcmac32
Go down to Mayfair Mall any day and just walk around.... you'll understand.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 10/14/08
  • omyoglivie
It's bugged me for years. I know they're trying to embrace the entire state, but I'll stand with tradition on this one. Milwaukee can use as much good press as possible and it irks me to see them playing a road game in LA and it says BREWERS not MILWAUKEE. You'd think Visit Milwaukee or the Mayor's Office would be all over this. Someone told me they thought Milwaukee was too long a word to make look good, but what about SAN FRANCISCO, CINCINNATI, LOS ANGELES, MINNESOTA, COLORADO, etc?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • br3wcr3w07
I have, plenty of times. But that doesn't make the hat "ghetto" or anything. Everybody wears hats, not just "ghetto" people. Heck, these "ghetto" people wear football jerseys too. So that must make people that wear football jerseys "ghetto"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • Borg
Sir, I disagree.
THIS is ghetto. www.lids.com/pid/20119588
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/08
  • smcmac32
Now, tell me, have you seen any decently dressed person wear a hat like that? No..... exactly.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/08
  • MilwaukeeBrewers
the black hat isnt ghetto, ghetto people dont wear stretch fit hats with the brim bent
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/08
  • trialofmiles
I said it won't fit neatly because of the size of the already established Milwaukee script, not the length of the name. All those places you mention use skinny letters. Look how big the Milwaukee script it, it's at the bottom of this page.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/08
  • smcmac32
Its not much bigger than the old style "Milwaukee". They just fattened up the letters to fill in some of the space. Its not like they made it longer.
  • Reply to this Message