• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• d'Arnaud is going to be 24 in february? what the heck?
  • 12/19/12
  • 4545_ajd
Piazza had a September call up at 23 and played his first full season at 24. D'Arnaud would have followed that same path if he didn't get injured last year late.

Edited 12/19/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • anthony888

Bottom line is we got someone decent, and saved the headache and expense of Dickey's contract.

Put any spin you want,... The Wilpon's saved MONEY.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
And let us make it also clear that you are a one trick pony.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • abbymart

and Boggs was probably ready at 22. He still sometimes expresses bitterness that the Sox kept him down for a few years when he was probably ready

Look, I like the trade but there ARE things to be concerned about concerning D' Arnaud. He strikes out a lot, he had his best offensive year in 2012 but that was in Vegas and everyone hits well there. I don't care what anyone says.... a knee problem for a 23 year old catcher is worrisome. And now we're hearing about possible back problems

Syndergaard is a beast, but he's a beast in A ball.

We have to wait and see but I still maintain the trade was necessary

Edited 12/19/12   by  abbymart
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • saztastic2012
Still trying to turn this into a negative? Failed!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Oldfan

Matt Harvey will be 24 in March.

What the heck?

Edited 12/19/12   by  Oldfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • OrangeandBlue86
And look at howard now lol. Although d'ARNAUD doesnt seem to have the same fat body type
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • murphstates
Howard was blocked by Thome.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • OrangeandBlue86
Yea i remember that, it wasnt because of lack of talent, howard was defintaley ready. To me the fact that hes 24 is not the issue, im just a lil bothered by the fact that we r supposed to be getting the cream of the crop prospects and he is gonna be 30 when hes a free agent. Seems like he should be more like 21 or 22 if hes such a huge prospect
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • hammr1952
thank you for pointing that out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • murphstates
In fairness he missed big chunks of two of the last three seasons because of injury.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Moses0507
Not every great player comes up at 21.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • CoBrA
ryan howard was blocked by Thome
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfansince89
so? he had no MLB experience until what? 24? d'arnaud will be here at age 24. i don't see the issue
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546824.18 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • Melo15nym
Dude, he was taken out of high school so he had to spend more time in the minors to fully develop. Also, catching prospects usually spend longer in the minors than other position prospects because teams like to keep them at the same level for whole seasons to learn how to work with the same pitching staff day in and day out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • CoBrA
I don't know, 24 is kinda old for a prospect plus he was never blocked by a blue jay catcher at the major league level, plus this was his first big monster years numbers wise, plus he played in las vegas where the ball flies out of the park easily, plus he had a leg injury for a position where they use their knees a lot. Also what worries me is he is not reguarded as a plus defender when it comes to catching. Sorry to be a downer on this but the more i look at it, the more im not feeling too optomistic
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
At what age have the other starting catchers in the Major leagues started playing MLB?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546824.22 was deleted