• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets Trade With Pirates
Message 546700.3 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
why would I trade parnell for an older, under less team control and questionably better reliever?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546700.5 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
Parnell is a really good reliever. cheap. and young. trading him for an older reliever is dumb
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Matt H
I rather wait till he is a free agent. We have money to spend.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546700.8 through 546700.9 were deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • danthemetfan

"He has a live arm but you can't depend on him for a full season, unless you had two more solid relievers without having to depend on him in big games."

and the Pirates would like this why?

• Reply to this Message
Message 546700.11 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • danthemetfan
But those three are not good enough to be Mets...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546700.13 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • stearnsy12

i honestly wouldn't....Parnell and Familia can both get it up to or close to 100 mph,that may not translate to automatic success but throw in Duda and Den Dekker for a closer?...i'd rather see how much Brian Wilson is looking for or even go with Parnell next season,he performed pretty well in the closer's role down the stretch

and if we sign Bourn we lose our first round draft pick which this year will be the 11th overall....IMO we didn't just trade Dickey for top of the line prospects so we could forfeit a top first round pick

Hairston,yeah,i can see signing him and putting him in the corner outfield spot that we don't upgrade via trade

Edited 12/17/12   by  stearnsy12
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • capicu76
Wilpons will not spend money even with the Bay and Santana contracts clearing after the end of the season. Doubt they will spend until the end of 2014.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • alex8686
No, absolutely not. Way too much for Hanrahan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • piazza5715
I don't want the Mets to spend another dime on this seasons roster unless it's a young player who can contribute for the future. Draft another good class in June of 2013 and take our lumps to get another top 10 pick in 2014. Rome wasn't built in a day and Cody Ross or another average player does nothing for this team. Save the money and load up for the future.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • gomets66
pirates have an abundance of young outfielders and dont need a 1B. trade doesnt make much sense for them except maybe parnell and familia.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • ExileMetsFan
That's WAY too much to trade for Hanrahan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Tahsin

Hanrahan will cost the Mets a number of players that can be controlled for years and probably over 4 million dollars per season. Not worth it. That would make the Mets commit to over 11 million for a setup man and closer.

The money could be used to sign Hairston (2 year for 8 million).

With the way that the MLB payroll are calculated, the Mets are stated to be around the 95 million dollars mark as is...Hanrahan will tap the remainder til the 100 million dollars estimated payroll.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546700.21 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • Tahsin

Hanrahan is a good relief pitcher, but the Mets will not be a good fit with FF on the roster as the listed closer (with guaranteed salary...7 mil right?).

Hanrahan had his career year two seasons ago. The only season that he struck out 100 batters. In 2012, Hanrahan had an ERA over 4 away from Pittsburgh and walked 36 batters in 59.2 innings. Would you want to deal with the walk issues after Benitez?

• Reply to this Message