• Welcome Guest
Minnesota Twins

Welcome to the Minnesota Twins.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT Wolves 2011/2012
  • To:All
  • 1/8/12
  • pcrnat
What is Darko Milicic's role...except wasted space on the floor and bench...2 RBs and 2 pts...??? Granted he only played about 18 minutes...but come on...the Wolves need an impact center on this team.

Edited 1/8/12   by  pcrnat
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • darkdruid
Darko is an impact player....the other team impacts him and he gets out of the way
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • heatbeat
He used to be serviceable, he would rebound and block shots and has six fouls to give, which is really all you need if you have a solid big man like Kevin Love, but even his defense has regressed this season. I think the Wolves need a consistent 2 guard before a center, but Darko needs to be replaced if the Wolves want to make any noise in the west, which is completely wide open this season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • heatbeat
By the way, I watched the game...how bad are the Wizards? John Wall looked horrific, just would drive with his head down and throw up a horrific shot. The whole teams' shot selection is just bad, and they seem about as motivated as a baked potato.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • royalofbengal

The first priority for the Wolves should be a true center then a shooting guard. Wess Johnson looks lost so far at the number 2 spot and he needs to transition from his natural position small forward if he wants to succeed in the NBA. Darko is garbage.

Overall a good game tonight. Rubio was driving the lane very well to dish out those assists. Williams played almost 31 minutes.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • autosave15

i had the wolves/cavs game on the whole game, didnt really overly watch it but i caught some parts of it. noticed once again how ridiculous rubio's passing is, though he came down the ...court i guess, had an easy lay up and then somehow passed it up, and fired a 5 foot pass at love which almost broke the guy's nose.

he REALLY likes to pass.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • royalofbengal
Yep he is a pass first point guard, a coach's dream. He needs to put up some weight and improve on his shooting and defense. Lot of people still don't know that this is a still very young team. If Love would be coming out of four year college then he would be a rookie this year.

Edited 1/8/12   by  royalofbengal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/12
  • autosave15
Oh yeah they are young for sure. wild and wolves will start being real good soon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/12
  • lilly68
Not a very good 4th for the Wolves, let this one get away.....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/12
  • otps
They look so good at times and then lose it. I don't know b-ball that well but they are fun to watch. I hope Adelman can get them to stay focused.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/12
  • royalofbengal

Was at work so missed the game and will so again tomorrow too. Sounded like the shots weren't going in the end. Looks like they have put Wellington in the number 2 while they moved Johnson to the small forward position and results are the same. Thought his game will improve a little going back to his natural position. Guy is probably pressing too much.

On the side note what a boring BCS national championship game. * yawns *

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • darkdruid

Great comeback against the Bulls runs out of gas....the first quarter was UGLY

Well at least the 2nd and 3rd quarters were fun to watch and show the potential of this team. Liked the fact that Adelman sat Darko most of the game; Randolph and Tolliver had some quality minutes last night and the Wolves seem more athletic on both ends of the court when Darko is not in the game. Ridnour and Rubio had great games. Barea looked good in limited minutes as well. Williams looked lost and timid last night.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • lilly68
It was a nice comeback but they really cannot keep falling behind by such big numbers.
Papers indicate there maybe a starting line-up shuffle...is Adelman thinking about starting Rubio??
I think maybe he's earned it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • darkdruid
Probably more about Darko not starting maybe Wes too
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/12
  • vcvc
How Wes Johnson has managed to be a starter for so long is beyond me. All 3 PG's we have are better than he is and I'd probably take Ellington over him as well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/12
  • heatbeat

My guess is Rubio will be in the starting lineup for Friday, and Ridinour will be shuffled over to the 2 guard. He will be undersized there, but he is a decent enough shooter and is a solid defender so he should be able to succeed there. Darko is going to start for the time being, and I am fine with it. After all, he only plays about 15-20 minutes a game, and its not about who starts, its who finishes.

So the lineup will look like this, at least until Beasly comes back:

PG: Rubio
SG: Ridinour
SF: Wes
PF: That Love Guy
C: Darko

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/12
  • heatbeat

Michael Wilbon of ESPN praising Ricky Rubio, and there is another pretty good basketball player that knew Rubio was going to be good from the start.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-120112/ricky-rubio-success-minnesota-timberwolves-no-surprise

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/12
  • pcrnat
Rubio can handle the ball...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/12
  • lilly68
why is the game not on tv and the gopher hockey game on three different channels??
did I miss something?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/12
  • twinkilling34
Darko and wes j. stink,they bring nothing to the table.
  • Reply to this Message