• Welcome Guest
St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Your Top Cardinal moment
  • 1/18/13
  • Number_4
When carp got pizzed ryan ran on the field late.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 109284.30 through 109284.31 were deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • Number_4

2003 ws??!

2004 was a good one too

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • jottomatic

Yeah, I have had some bad experiences over there at Miller Park. Been going there for probably the last 10 plus years to see the Cards there at least once a year. When they were horrible, fans were pretty cool, and it was great because you could buy a nose bleed seat and pretty much sit wherever you wanted.

Since the Brewers have become more competitive, and had winning teams, it has definitely gotten a lot worse to go there and watch a game. Have had multiple bad experiences. The NLCS game was actually a really good experience, the fans around us were really cool with me and my friend who was with me. One of them was a little frustrated, and said at one point when the game was getting out of hand, how the fans overall didn't like the Cards, because they were the main threat in the division and almost always seemed to come out on top. And they all pretty much hated TLR for his comments about lighting and sound and all kinds of stuff like that.

A couple of the bad experiences there were with my kids with me, which was disappointing when they don't want to go to the game because they are worried what other fans are going to do.

Still, it is close for us, can get there in around and hour, and you can always stubhub tickets pretty cheap to see the Cards there.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/18/13
  • jwfrank
1982. The Birds hadn't been to the post season since '68. It was the final week of the regular season and the only team who had a chance to catch the Cardinals was the Phillies who had come to town for a three game series.
The Phils weren't hurting for confidence. Several of them predicted that they'd sweep the birds which they badly needed to do.
I was sitting in the left field bleachers with my future wife for game one. The weather was awful; cold, windy and damp. But we were in good spirits as we watch our starting pitcher warm up; Joquin Andujar sans sweatshirt, of course.
Andujar retired the Phillies in order in the first. He looked like he was gonna be on.
The Cardinals came up in their half and used the usual assortment of Whitey Ball weapons, walks, bunts and stolen bases. When the smoke cleared and the inning ended, our Redbirds had hung a 4 spot on the cocky Phillies, and everybody in the LF bleachers knew that the division race was over and we were going to the post season.
Andujar cruised. We drank and sang; and sang and drank. Sutter finished up (4-2). That was the most fun I've ever had at a Cardinal game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

Being there for the NLCS clincher must have been great. I remember watching the post-game celebration and there being a couple hundred fans behind the Cardinal dugout. Were you in there?

The same way I felt totally and thoroughly dominated by Boston in 2004, Brewer fans must have felt the same way about that series. Even though it went 6, it just seemed like we were on anothe level. Our offense was unstoppable. It was that much sweeter after Morgan's comments about the Cardinals staying at home and watching the Brewers in the playoffs. D'oh!

Edited 1/18/13   by  Barnabas_Libtard
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Number_4

Sweet moment jw..
i still see keif in game 7 with that hit...the one that tied the game or put us ahead..
sheet cant remember now..but i was nutty happy at the time

i miss whiteyball

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • drjekyllmrcard

The squirrel

Ozzie making a diving play against the cubs with bases laoded and starts the double play to get out of the inning.

Willie McGee coming back

Tatis with two grand slams against the dodgers in one inning

The Cardinals winning the world series and the cubs coming in last

Edmonds making diving catches with his back towards the plate

Ryan stealing second and third in seattle while oakland fell asleep

Jack Buck calling any game

Ozzie and Herr turning two

Yadi picking someone off first

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

<<<Tatis with two grand slams against the dodgers in one inning>>>

That still amazes me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • senor_piva

Game 6 live with my 15 year old daughter.

Ankiel's HR return game.

Extra inning comeback vs. the Dodgers a couple years ago. My dad was visiting, he was amazed by all the old-timer jerseys. 70 year old man thought it was cool to see names from his childhood

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • simbafan

Gibbys no-hitter is my #1. tTat is my top Cardinal moment. But the vision that sticks in my mind,is the look on Brad Lidge and Andy Pettite's faces,watching #5's moon shot. Priceless.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • HOC
  • HOC
finally someone besides me mentions that HR
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • birdfan57
Amazing that Dave Johnson allowed Chan Ho Park to serve up both of Tatis' slammers.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • Pop16
Cardinals winning their 10th world series in 2006 because it was the first one I ever witnessed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • gpop824

There have been so many in recent years and years past.

As a life long Cardinal fan since I was 8 yrs Old (1960) from upstate NY.

One of most memorable moments
in Cardinals history was a game between us and the Pirates, when
Harry Carey was broadcasting and Curt Flood came up
late in the game, Cards down by 2, and Flood hit a shot into
the upper deck in Old Bush to tie the game.

Carey's quote "How can a guy that small,
hit a ball that far, but, thank goodness he can."

Cards went on to win the game in extra innings.

Some great Cardinal moments:

Cards beat Yankees in 64 Series.

Gibson's dominance game 1, 68 Series (17k's)

Brock's HR to center field in Polo Grounds

Magee's 2 HR against Brewers in WS

First Cardinal game I ever saw on TV was Milwaukee Braves vs Cards
1960, Musial hit 2 hrs, one against Warren Spahn.

RIP Stan Musial.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • Metallives

Taking care of the Tigers in 2006!!!

www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN201206120.shtml
And I guess I'll also say this. Seeing as it was the first time I've ever been to your city/park. Busch blows US Cellular Field away, imo. Not that I mind USCF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • rustyshackelford

Live game memories
1. My first playoff game in 2011, atmosphere is so much different
2. Pujols and Perez go back to back against Smoltz when he was just leathal as a closer
3. Mike Matheny bases loaded walk-walkoff vs Cubs, not only did I get to see Cubs fans throwing beer but my buddy who was a die hard cubs fan had to wear my Edmonds jersey to work the following week
4. McGwires 1st HR as a Cardinal, just like #62 off the left field foul pole. Place paused for a second then saw that it hit and went nuts

Here is also a few bad memories
1. Left early from the Griffey #500 HR, bc it was hot, getting whooped and wanted to get back to see my dad for fathers day for a bit. Soon as I get in my car turn to the game and Shannon says "There is #500 for Griffey Jr"
2. Back in 2003, bot of the 9th, vs Expos, Pujols at bat chance to win game. Game was tied or we were down. GF asks where we were going to eat after the game. As I go to turn my head to say how can you think of food at this time. *CRACK* GONE! Walk off HR. Very quiet ride home, and she didnt eat
3. 2011, day of game 6. Buddy calls and asks if I want to go downtown to buy tickets off scalpers. I had to work in a few hrs. Working at a visitors center for a State Park. Suppose to have a few hundred kids that day for a field trip. Boss calls me around noon, dont need to come in, school canceled the trip bc of pending weather. Buddy left for St Louis at 11:30. He was there for Freese walk off, I watched at home.
4. Was at the game when Rolen ran into Choi at 1b. Didnt seem like a big deal at the time

So yeah seems like I have more bad memories than good

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • Number_4

Juat thinking that some of my top moments were AFTER
the games.

meeting lou brock in the old parking lot at old busch across the walkway ..
by his big white caddy...such a cool moment meeting a hero in person..

then.meeting tommy herr an his hot gf by his tiny car after another game.

i realized..DAM..im a giant compared to these midgets.
they looked bigger on tv.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • drjekyllmrcard
I remember watching that game. :)
  • Reply to this Message