• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Royals are Insane
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

The cash considerations have to go to, not from, the Wilpons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
There is just no way I trade Niese straight up for Myers let alone Niese PLUS. If we traded Niese, another team would be willing to give us more than just a return of Myers. Niese + Mejia for Myers and Odorizzi I'd consider.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.29 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • wrghtknght
They figure they can take advantage of the Mets like they've been able to in years past. Doesn't look like that anymore, and other GMs are confused.....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.31 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • wrghtknght
Problem is, what about the pitching future if you trade Wheeler? If the Mets do that, they'll HAVE to sign Dickey. No sense weakening both the ML rotation and the farm in pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I can see an even Wheeler for Myers swap make sense if somehow the Mets could get a top 10 pitching prospect in return for Dickey...like a Gerrit Cole type for example. So essentially, you are trading Dickey for Myers and replacing Wheeler with someone just as good or better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H

Thats why I would want to trade Niese and lets say Mejia or Flores for Myers and then a prospect less rated then Mejia but looks good like Bonifacio.

Myers could play in the majors possibly right out of spring training, and Bonifacio is a possibly 2-3 years out of the way.

If we also include lets say Justin Turner, maybe we can grab David Lough who is 26 and pretty much projected to be a 4th outfielder, but he is supposedly a great fielder, has some decent power and speed. Would not mind having him try out for center field or just be a good bench player for the Met's. Justin Turner would be a player the Royals may be interested in, a good utility type player. I'd give up Murphy, but I wouldn't give up Flores, and would demand Zimmer or Odorizzi with Myers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
That's what it would have to take to get him. Did you honestly think the Mets can get Myers by just giving up Dickey? Think again. Myers is the best outfield prospect in the game and the Royals aren't insane for asking that because that is what he's worth.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.36 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
So what do you think you have to give up to get him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Matz plus Cory Vaughn + Darryl Cecciliani sounds fair to me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
The Royals would laugh their <asses off if they saw that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

>>>"Problem is, what about the pitching future if you trade Wheeler? If the Mets do that, they'll HAVE to sign Dickey. No sense weakening both the ML rotation and the farm in pitching."<<<

I am not saying we should trade Wheeler. I am just saying they'd be silly not to ask for the other team's best prospect, if they are giving up their own.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

>>>"I can see an even Wheeler for Myers swap make sense if somehow the Mets could get a top 10 pitching prospect in return for Dickey...like a Gerrit Cole type for example. So essentially, you are trading Dickey for Myers and replacing Wheeler with someone just as good or better."<<<

I agree. If you swap Wheeler for Myers, then Dickey should be dealt for a top teir pitching prospect from elsewhere, and another outfielder if you can get it. This not idea either though.

I'd rather keep Wheeler, and just trade Dickey - even if we can't get Myers for him.

I'd take Starling + Ordorizzi for Dickey, and then put Ordorizzi in the rotation with Harvey and Wheeler this year.

That would leave us free to flip Starling + Flores or Mejia or Famili, for more advanced outfield prospects that can play in 2013.

Wheeler, Harvey, Neise, Ordorizzi, and Gee, could make for an impressive young rotation going forward.

Plus, if we get a first half out of Johan, that is anything close to what he did in the first half this year, we can trade him in July for a couple more prospects.

Edited 12/6/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB

I'd rather keep Wheeler too and just get Myers for Dickey and tell the Royals "or else." That should get the deal done. If we have to give up more than just Dickey for Myers then I would want the entire deal expanded. Make our return Myers+Odorizzi and add Mejia/Familia to Dickey. If they really want Niese instead then that is going to cost both Myers and Odorizzi. So we can essentially provide them with 2 packages to chose from:

Dickey+Familia/Mejia for Myers+Odorizzi

Niese for Myers+Odorizzi

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

It is a little hard to follow exactly what KC is looking to do right now. According to all I was hearing before, they wanted to add an experienced arm to their rotation - experience starters like Dickey, Lester, Price...etc.

So now I don't get why they would be asking for Wheeler - not unless they would plan to flip him.

The is, they don't even really need Myers, and they have a lot of pitching in their system from what I saw. Like 7 or 8 of their Top 10 prospects were pitchers.

I just think Sandy has to play the waiting game with KC, and with any Dickey deal in general. Once other guys drop off the board, we shall see who blinks first.

But yeah, at the least, I could these two sides expanding the deal more to get a good balance for both teams.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H
I agree, both teams are looking to see who will blink first. We should get a better idea if a deal will or can happen within the next 2-3 weeks. Once Greinke signs, market will open big time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I hope he signs with the Dodgers...we need the Rangers desperate for pitching especially since they have already shown interest in Dickey. A desperate team with a GREAT farm system is always nice. If on top of that Shields/Lester get delt to someone NOT named the Royals, that would be PERFECT.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H
That would be perfect. If the Royals end up not being able to trade for Shields or Lester, though I would be kind of surprised if the Royals would even want to give up Myers for Lester. Would create a higher chance of the Met's acquiring Myers. I'm sure Sandy is waiting for that.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
fernando rodney
Latest by metsheart - 3:28 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 3:28 PM
Tonight's Lineup
Latest by GoMets6986 - 3:26 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 3:22 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by vbch - 3:21 PM