• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Melky-Pablo-Posey
Message 140672.27 was deleted
  • 4/6/12
For the middle of THIS order, yes Melky IS a middle of the order guy. I prefer him at #3 to Huff at #5. I don't mind him at #6 behind these three guys. It's funny I don't remember the complaining about Burrell's LF defense being as loud and he was way less mobile and more streaky at the plate.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 140672.29 was deleted
  • 4/6/12
I meant Huff being a better LF than Burrell. He had one bad week opening week last year and because most people get their inside info from "The Franchise," he's labeled as such. Sure he came into camp outta shape and hung over from the championship last year, but he'll be just as fine as having Pat the bat out there. Bring in Schierholtz for defense late. No need to panic about having Huff in left.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/6/12
Upton, Montero, Goldschmidt is pretty young.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/6/12
I'd absolutely lock him up mid-year if he looks like last year wasn't a fluke (and for all purposes, so far he looks like the real deal).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

I never got to see too much of Melky before, with him being in the AL for most of his career. But in the games I've seen and the highlights and stuff, he's never seemed like a dude who was having fun. But he does seem that guy now. Smiling in the dugout and talking to teammates and stufff. I think that he's enjoys his success and wants it to continue. And that the players on the roster seem to like him a lot.

All pretty important factors when you're thinking about locking a guy up long-term. I like what I've seen.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

Chef...youth is one thing...but where they hit is another.

I'm not sure you would find many other teams (other than the G-men) who would hit Melky-Pablo-Posey 3-4-5.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 4/7/12
Any suggestions for nicknames for our newly formed triumvirate? CSP? Crackle Snap Pop? Lock Stop Barrel? I can't think of anything clever, anyone else wanna try?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

Fair enough, Sabes.

But still that's three very young hitters hitting somewhere in the middle of the lineup. Any team would have them somewhere between 1-5, I would think.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

Well if yesterday was a preview of what is to be this season, I'll take it.

6-14 3rbi's 2 runs

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

That would be very convenient: A future outfield including a productive Cabrera and a futuristic Gary Brown...

-antica

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

They kinda need it, antica.

There aren't any OFers under contract for next year. Unless you count Nate and Blanco, who I don't think you want to pencil in for 150 starts.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12
I hate the Melky trade. I am also a fan of the Yankees. He has an average at best hitter. His defense is great at times. Sanchez is an ace if he finds the right situation. Angel Pagan is a waste of roster space. They should have gone after Sizemore. The Beltran deal was a disaster and is grounds for firing Sabean. He should have gotten way more for giving up the Giants #1 Pitching Prospect. They also should have re-signed Ross to a 1 year deal. He will have a nice year in Boston. He has one solid year left and is better than Pagan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

" They should have gone after Sizemore"

Sizemore is on the DL. Had back surgery in March, probably gone for at least half the season.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12
I know. He needs a change of scenery. The guy flat out kills the baseball when he is right. He would be excellent in SF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12

he needs a body replacement.

Sizemore will never be productive again. He's just another Nick Johnson.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12
Melky can leadoff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/12
Nick Johnson never had the kind of production Sizemore had. At least I don't think he did.
  • Reply to this Message