• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Post:Mets not impressed with Wilson;Ariz. asked for Wheeler
  • 1/16/13
  • Kranesback
Maybe they can get Parnell to grow a goofy beard.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547604.27 was deleted
Message 547604.29 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • skorpio520
DONT FEAR THE BEARD!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • skorpio520

"Kind of hard to take the same cash strapped organization who gave Frank Francisco 12 million for two years to close seriously when they say they're "not impressed" with someone"

LOL cant argue with that.still, thinking maybe take a pass for now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AdrianMonk

So, they weren't interested in Flores + Duda + Tapia. Surprise, surprise.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • bennitto

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2013 Cy Young award winner- Brian Wilson!!!!!!!"
My bet is he does not throw a baseball in a MLB game until after the All-Star break.
So unless every pitcher in MLB is trash we will not se a Cy Young for Mr. Wilson.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • 86mex17
Agreed
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • 86kid

>>>"It's an absolute cover story to explain why the Mets won't pay Wilson."<<<

I believe there was another report - not directly related to the Mets - that Wilson doesn't seem ready yet.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • gomets66

So, they weren't interested in Flores + Duda + Tapia. >>>>

well, dbacks dont need flores or duda, so i dont know why people keep mentioning them for upton.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • 86kid

>>>"diamondbacks are trying to sell ridiculously high on upton. they somehow got seattle to agree to give up walker who is comparable to wheeler, + other top prospects in addition to that. I wouldn't even do wheeler alone for him let alone give up more. "<<<

I agree. I wouldn't give up Wheeler for him. Upton's been overrated, and his career averages aren't worth giving up our top prospects for. Maybe for a team that is ready to contend, and has a deep system, they can afford to take the risk. We can't.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • gomets66

Maybe for a team that is ready to contend, and has a deep system, they can afford to take the risk. We can't.>>>>

good point. some teams, especially contenders will overpay. look at the beltran and dickey trades. i dont get why some people were surprised with what sandy got back. any gm, having the best piece available, could have gotten those packages back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • viper99
That makes him a perfect fit for this team. The OF isn't ready, Wheeler isn't ready, D'Arnaud isn't ready, Santana and Gee may not be ready, etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • 86kid

>>>"That makes him a perfect fit for this team. The OF isn't ready, Wheeler isn't ready, D'Arnaud isn't ready, Santana and Gee may not be ready, etc. "<<<

That makes who a perfect fit ?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Remember86
This just in: OOPS! Mets were watching Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. LOL.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • stearnsy12

AND offered him 3 years/50 million as he mixed his pitches up well and looks like a wily OLD veteran

his walk-in song will be "Good Vibrations".....

• Reply to this Message
Message 547604.43 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • govmule72

"So you think, in order to "fool" their fans, they went to see him pitch then automatically declared him "not ready"?"

Good point. It's ridiculous to believe they're going through all these motions to 'fool the fans.' They could fool us just fine without working out pitchers, if they actually had any interest in fooling us about anything.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • govmule72

"That makes him a perfect fit for this team. The OF isn't ready, Wheeler isn't ready, D'Arnaud isn't ready, Santana and Gee may not be ready, etc."

Ha, good point.

• Reply to this Message