• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Davidoff Votes NO on Piazza
  • 12/20/12
  • WallyWORLD
Wow! This guy seems about as thoughtful as the kids who decide who's most popular in an elementary school. It's actually shocking that this guy gets paid for his opinion (on anything), much less gets a vote on who should get into the HOF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • Remember86

He voted for Bonds, Bagwell, Clemens, Kenny Lofton, Larry Walker, Allan Trammel, Edgar Martinez, Tim Raines, Biggio and Schilling.

At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, I don't get voting FOR Kenny Lofton, Larry Walker and, for that matter, Curt Schilling to the exclusion of Mike Piazza. If someone doesn't want to allow steroids to bar them from voting for Bonds and Clemens, I can understand that. But Lofton, Walker and Schilling before Piazza? I don't think so.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546841.28 was deleted
  • 12/20/12
  • archgraham
Davidoff is a loser. End of story. Maybe Piazza passed him without saying hello once.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • nym698641
Works for the post now
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • skorpio520
no then he was a doucheb@g too. regardless on whether he was right or not.we all pretty much hate the wilpons anyway and dont need a battle cry or reason to hate em.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • metrebel
>> At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, I don't get voting FOR Kenny Lofton, Larry Walker and, for that matter, Curt Schilling to the exclusion of Mike Piazza. If someone doesn't want to allow steroids to bar them from voting for Bonds and Clemens, I can understand that. But Lofton, Walker and Schilling before Piazza? I don't think so.

Davidoff is an A-hole. I don't see Lofton, Walker going in over Pizza. I don't think Schilling should either, but I can understand why he voted him. Steriods is going to be an issue. What I have a problem with is that guys you know juiced cheated and don't belong it the HOF. On the other side, if had a vote for the HOF and there is no hard evidence of steriod use by the player would vote for him. To me suspecting a player of juicing is not enough to keep the player out of the HOF.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546841.33 was deleted
  • 12/20/12
  • skorpio520

i love the conspiracy theorist on this board.everythings a conspiracy.trade a guy we are never gonna use for cowgill,the wilpons are just try to save money! blah blah....

not that i dont agree but its over EVERYTHING. the cowgill trade was humorous to me because,he actually should be making more than marte.

sometimes they make good points though,like this years payroll. i totally understand the justification behind that. they just need to pick their battles better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • MetObserver
How can suspicion of steroid use keep Piazza off his ballot and yet he votes in Bonds and Clemons? Don't understand his logic at all.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546841.36 was deleted
  • 12/20/12
  • MetObserver
Deferred money has to be counted in the year that the player earns it not when it is being paid. Deferred money is banked for the player by the owners and paid out with interest on the years that are stated in the contract. Santana and Beltran both had money deferred and nothing for them will be charged going forward after next year. Bay's money is a different case since it wasn't in his contract nor was his contract rewritten so he salary may be considered just delayed a year. But for baseball's Luxury Tax measurements it will all be charged this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • metrebel

>> How can suspicion of steroid use keep Piazza off his ballot and yet he votes in Bonds and Clemons? Don't understand his logic at all.

I don't get these voters. They keep guys out on suspicion of juicing, but they will vote for a guy they know juiced. Davidoff shouldn't even get a HOF ballot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • MetObserver
I don't believe he should have a job.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546841.40 was deleted
  • 12/20/12
  • mookiewilson1

>>Davidoff is a loser. End of story. Maybe Piazza passed him without saying hello once.

Or maybe he thought Piazza spit on him, but in reality there was a second spitter especially if his head went back and to the left.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • MetObserver
Many contracts have the deferred clauses in their contracts. Players what to be receiving pay checks after they can't play anymore or when their value goes down. Bonilla had money deferred but when payrolls are published his name doesn't appear in the computations. Of course in the past the Wilpons thought they could invest the deferred money in an account with Uncle Bernie and get 11% return while only a 3% increase was promised to the player thereby making money on the deferment. When Madoff went down they must have had to scramble in order to quickly show the agents that the deferred money was still protected. Another reason they had less liquidity at the time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • metrebel

>> I don't believe he should have a job.

I agree. At the very least, if he is going to keep his job he shouldn't have a HOF vote.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • MetObserver
Maybe put him in Obits.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • metrebel

>> Maybe put him in Obits.

That's the best idea I've heard on what to do with the idiot.

• Reply to this Message