• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 4/16 Lineup
  • 4/16/12
u might be exactly right about the phillies offense, i dont think they are a lock as in years past.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 140984.27 through 140984.28 were deleted
  • 4/16/12

"I'm sure you must be joking if you want to rehash a long list of the "40 years of experience" in decision making brought. "

As of 2010, I believe Bochy goes with who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. It might not always work out but I think he's gone past not trusting young players like he did before 2010.

Edited 4/16/12   by  mh-i
  • Reply to this Message
Message 140984.30 was deleted
  • 4/16/12

"Tired of your crying too pal."

Thank you.

Good God, the folks that want Belt to continue to ride the bench need to step back and see that they're crying every bit as much as the Belt defenders...maybe more.

Two days in a row the gameday thread has had a "no Belt, let the whining begin" or "Belt in the lineup, no whining today" thrown in there. Who's more obsessed with Belt's playing time anyways?

It's kind of a big discussion topic, and not just on this board. Rotoworld, MLB Network Radio, KNBR etc all seem to be taking notice of a guy with Belt's upside being benched. Not sure why when some of us here question it we're all whining?

• Reply to this Message
Message 140984.32 was deleted
  • 4/16/12

"It's kind of a big discussion topic, and not just on this board. Rotoworld, MLB Network Radio, KNBR etc all seem to be taking notice of a guy with Belt's upside being benched. Not sure why when some of us here question it we're all whining?"

I don't get why it's a story. Sandoval was benched for the Giants pennant push and all of the post season in 2010. He had actually had a good year in the majors the year before. In 2010 he stunk and got benched. Nobody was appalled. Belt rides the pine and people come unglued. Why? Every roster has 25 guys and somebody needs to be the 25th guy. At the moment Belt is that guy. Where's the story?

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/16/12
REDZ how was your bday matey??
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 140984.35 through 140984.36 were deleted
  • 4/16/12

"I don't get why it's a story. Sandoval was benched for the Giants pennant push and all of the post season in 2010. He had actually had a good year in the majors the year before. In 2010 he stunk and got benched. Nobody was appalled. Belt rides the pine and people come unglued. Why?"

You really don't see the difference between Pablo's 2010 and Belt's 2012?

Really?

Pablo got consistent starts ALL year and it was ugly. He was benched in the playoffs where every game was do or die.

Belt got benched this year after 11 at bats in April. You might not believe this but if Belt played all year and suqued, then he was benched while the Giants went into the playoffs, similarly to Pablo in 2010, no one would be "coming unglued".

Not the best analogy.

• Reply to this Message
Message 140984.38 was deleted
  • 4/16/12
If a guy goes 13-13, you wouldn't classify that as red hot?
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 140984.40 through 140984.43 were deleted
  • 4/16/12

Hey Bum! That you there? HA! HA! I answered my own question by changing the www.address to a capitol "G" iants to get the Avatars back on, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEHA buddy!

q:>)
Willy

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/17/12

"I don't understand why there is surprise when Belt fans got upset when they saw Huff at 1B."

I understand why fans of any player are upset when their guy isn't playing. That said, I understand why Belt isn't a slam dunk to start. In fact I'd rather see Pill in there over both Huff and Belt. Maybe Belt will one day live up to the ROY predictions that came in before the 2011 season maybe he's just a AAAA player. Still too early to tell but he obviously has a problem hitting MLB pitching and has no problem hitting AAA or spring training caliber pitching. I do think it was more a case of hype for Belt because Posey had just won the ROY so writers or whoever were looking at the next "Giant" ROY.

In the meantime play the guy who actually looks like he can handle it. That guy is Pill in my opinion.

"What if Will Clark told him to stand that way? Then Bam Bam comes in with another set of instructions, after 10Abs. The whole thing is a mess."

I seriously doubt there's that kind of miscomminication concerning correcting Belt's issues. Clark isn't brought in to free lance willy nilly.

• Reply to this Message