• Welcome Guest
New York Yankees

Welcome to the New York Yankees.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Diego Moreno Coming from Pirates
Message 489642.25 was deleted
  • 2/17/12

"If we get a middle reliever and a 4th outfielder for AJ Burnett, I'd count that as a HUGE win"

It's also very unlikely.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/12
What distractions? You mean the ones that the Yankees themselves created during this offseason when the assumption was clear that they didn't want Burnett anymore?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/17/12
Who says this kid wont turn into another Victor Cruz/Jeremy Lin lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/12
There was no longer a need to keep AJ on this team. With the issues he has had and his attitude last season, it was very clear he was no longer wanted. It was a good move to get anything for him and we should be thankful the headcase is gone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/12
I'm not expecting anything from the prospects, I'm just happy that they got rid of bumnett.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 489642.31 through 489642.33 were deleted
  • 2/21/12
Cayones is so highly regarded that he repeated the GCL last year, his third season of rookie ball. You're right, I misspoke, it's likely that a 20-year old in short-season ball with no plus skills is going to ever make any sort of impact in the big leagues.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 489642.35 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 2/22/12
This was just a strength by subtraction deal. Get rid of AJ and your team is stronger. We saved a few bucks which went into Ibanez and Chavez and got two guys who just fill places in minor league rosters. So we got a DH, a sub 3rd baseman and two guys that we will probably never hear about again for a guy that we might have just eaten his whole salary and released.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 489642.37 was deleted
  • 2/22/12
what i read about diego reminds me of a young AJ and the other kid looks like a bench player at best. if he can play good D ill take it i guess but i wouldnt put my money on either of these players getting into any MLB park without paying for a ticket. the salary relief was a good thing and this was a decent deal, yes. but we could have gotten more in return from AJ IMO. its a shame AJ rejected the angels deal i read LA would have given us more cash plus abreu
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/22/12
By the age of 26 AJ Burnett already had over 500 innings in the major leagues with an above average ERA. Moreno reminds me more of someone like Derrick Turnbow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/22/12
Who cares who we got. This was all about who we got rid of.
  • Reply to this Message