• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Too much positivity on this board
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

You act like there are a bunch of people saying we're going to compete. I count about one. So what's your point here?

If people are positive, it's because they feel we are headed in a better direction, not because they feel like we're going to do very well this season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
I'm not trolling. I'm just surprised that people have positive sentiments about the Mets 2013 season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud

It's not just about us competing. It's about items such as the following:

Pen is fixed
Harvey will have a sub 3 ERA
Santana will be an ace in the 1st half
Ike will hit 40 HRs
Tejada will keep getting better
One of our OFers will have a breakout season

If you looked at some of the things people on this message board say, you would think we had the Nationals or Dodgers roster.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"My parents have been happily married for 32 years. They came to America with no money, and are quite successful. I'm very proud of everything they've achieved."

You just can't stop yourself, can you? No one cares about your personal life, and there is no reason to constantly bring it up. Why doesn't anyone else feel the need to constantly do so?

It was cheesy enough when you were bragging about your job, which contributes absolutely nothing to society - it's a lot worse now that you're subjecting your own parents to this nonsense without their consent.

"It's laughable that you have nothing else to talk about on a baseball forum than the parents of other members. You are the definition of a loser."

Says the guy who constantly talks about himself after being repeatedly told over and over by the majority of this board that they do not care.

"Saz, you had a child before getting married. Who raised you, wolves?"

This is a new low for you, really. Let us know when you reach sainthood so we won't be offended when you insult the parents of someone you don't even know, as a result of a situation you know nothing about.

You really have to grow up.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548100.29 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
Saz said that I am negative about the Mets becuase my father wasn't present in my life. Did you conveniently miss that?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
My parents would be very happy that I defended them against a completely baseless attack. You must have nothing to be proud of. I have a lot to be proud of and I will not refrain from expressing how I feel in response to direct attacks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • danthemetfan

Pen is fixed - fixed is subjective. It should be rather improved. Even you can agree to that, right?

Harvey will have a sub 3 ERA - who says that? At the same time, can you say he definitively wont?

Santana will be an ace in the 1st half - He will be the #1, and if his foot is healed why shouldnt he be as good as he usually is?

Ike will hit 40 HRs - he was horrible last year, and still hit 30+. A full season of being decent why not?

Tejada will keep getting better - why shouldnt he?

One of our OFers will have a breakout season - its something to hope for right? Ive been openly bashing Duda, but it is his turn to make adjustments. Maybe he does. Maybe Kirk shines after his rookie season. He knows what to expect. Cowgill will be given a chance, maybe that is what he needs.

None of these statements, except for the 2nd, is that outlandish, when it comes to preseason love for one's team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"Saz said that I am negative about the Mets becuase my father wasn't present in my life. Did you conveniently miss that?"

So you felt the need to delve into your personal life? Just tell him off and spare us the history lesson.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • fargol

"I'm just surprised that people have positive sentiments about the Mets 2013 season. "

See? This is you again twisting things around to suit your trollishness.

I have positive feelings. I am anxious to see how the young players develop (Ike, Tejada, etc), as well as guys like Harvey and Wheeler.

I anticipate a very strong rotation to appear maybe next year. But it might not.

Geez, you REALLY remind me of Metsmagic. He had the exact same schtick.

Are you his padawan?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
I have every right to defend myself.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • MetObserver
Every time you try to defend yourself you only make your impression on the board worse. Anyone who is insulted on a board like this should just let it drop and forget about it. Jumping to defend your honor just makes you look pathetic. Is your ego so fragile that you have to defend yourself on an anonymous message board. You only give fuel to those that attack you.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548100.37 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"I have every right to defend myself."

So you call Saz a loser who cares too much about what happens here, and then turn around and feel the need to defend yourself against a bunch of people you don't know.

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548100.39 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
I'm not. However, I have not attacked anyone's parents.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
I called Saz a loser for insulting people personally.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • alfolerud
You're too old buddy.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548100.43 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • Mort2112
I can scramble eggs like no one else.
  • Reply to this Message