• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Corey Hart coming to Mets?
  • 12/5/12
  • brianinwi
For purely selfish reasons, I'd be happy if the Mets traded Dickey to the Brewers. Then at least I'd get to see Dickey pitch -- Miller Park is an hour away from my home.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • kinerskrnr
That just isn't a fair trade at all. Gotta be a little fair about it.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545933.27 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • docguden16

Yes, the Brewers want to free up payroll. I'm simply stating... just because they may want to free up payroll, that does not necessarily equate to trading a 2 time All-Star for a mid level Mets prospect.

And my question was, do the Mets want to take on that payroll? It's a safe bet to say the Mets have spoken with many teams about many players. My opinion is that Hart won't be playing in Queens in 2013.

On a side note: I would argue your "facts" stop when you state they're not trading anyone on the MLB roster. Or that Flores isn't going anywhere.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545933.29 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • docguden16

I guess I'm not alone in my thoughts on the Brewers not trading Hart for a bag of balls:

"The Brewers aren't actively looking to trade Hart and would have to be overwhelmed to make a deal"

@ http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/corey_hart/

By overwhelmed... I assure you that does not mean one low-mid level Met prospect. But I'm slow... what do I know.

• Reply to this Message