• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Can we chill out on Syndergaard, please
  • 12/17/12
  • AdrianMonk

It could end up that Stephen Matz is the guy instead.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • sinasdf
he touched 102 btw.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • jgrangers2
There's no such thing as too much pitching. There's really no such thing as too much anything when it comes to prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • danthemetfan
Two teams make a deal. From what I read, Toronto took their major league ready OF off the table once TDA came on it. Sandy then demanded Snydergaard if no major league ready OF were apart of the deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • Sir_BJay

In honesty, I'm more PO'd the Jays gave up Syndergaard than d'Arnaud. The guy is humble, and has a great work ethic. Plus, he has a plus fastball, an underrated changeup with good movement, and the game I saw him, he showed glimpses of a promising slider. Not to mention he's got impressive command for a strikeout pitcher. People on the Jays board know he's my favourite prospect by far (Of course he's my avatar).

Here are the highlights I took from the game I saw him pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szNx0rIGax0

Edited 12/17/12   by  Sir_BJay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick
Those are some of the same people complaining about the deal. They love to complain and shouldn't be taken seriously.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • hammr1952
long lean and fluid motion... i like what i see.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520
i think hes the guy that takes gees place in the rotation eventually when the mets can either sign him,or trade/let him walk. im saying 3 years hes here. eventually behind wheeler but ahead of harvey.
  • Reply to this Message